Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Face vs. Heel

  1. #1
    Wrestler of the Month - March www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,144

    Default Face vs. Heel

    Follow us on Social Media





    What do you guys think, which one is harder to do well?
    A face character or heel character?


    In my opinion they are both pretty easy.
    As a face, you win cleanly, rescue people and play by the rules.
    As a heel you do everything opposite. Insult the crowd to get some heat, use dirty moves, attack from behind, and many more.

    The hardest part might be keeping your character fresh. This is what most of the superstars lack today.


  2. #2
    Super Moderators www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Quahog
    Posts
    11,346

    Default

    Heel is easier. Its a lot harder to play by the rules than to break it
    Do you know Richard Cheese?

  3. #3
    Star of the Month May www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EidenA$$HOLE View Post
    Heel is easier. Its a lot harder to play by the rules than to break it
    agreed
    and every wrestler should change their character so the ppl don't start to think they are boring (like cena)


    Achievement List
    Master Of The Year 2012
    Star Of The Month May 2013
    Wrestler Of The Month February 2013

  4. #4
    Coolbie www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wijk bij Duurstede, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    I think heel is more difficult to play. But it also has something to do with your rl character. I mean Cena is kind of a good guy, a really normal guy but take Orton for example, he is much more sinister and maniacal. It just depends, but i agree with Eiden that playing by the rules is much easier than breaking them


    I am the best in the world at what i do.

  5. #5
    Moderator www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Birmingham,UK
    Posts
    4,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EidenA$$HOLE View Post
    Heel is easier. Its a lot harder to play by the rules than to break it
    Agreed

  6. #6
    Wrestler of the Month - March www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine View Post
    I think heel is more difficult to play. But it also has something to do with your rl character. I mean Cena is kind of a good guy, a really normal guy but take Orton for example, he is much more sinister and maniacal. It just depends, but i agree with Eiden that playing by the rules is much easier than breaking them
    Eiden said playing by the rules is harder.

    But what about the crowd? Do you guys think it's harder to get people to cheer for you or to boo at you?


  7. #7
    Winner - Roadies X!! www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In The Ring
    Posts
    4,448

    Default

    Face is Harder then Heel

  8. #8
    Coolbie www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wijk bij Duurstede, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a1v4r View Post
    Eiden said playing by the rules is harder.

    But what about the crowd? Do you guys think it's harder to get people to cheer for you or to boo at you?
    Lol, i totally misread. Than i disagree. Playing by the rules is much easier, it`s what most of us do almost completely or whole life. Keeping your role as heel looks much more difficult to me because it`s for most people not the most natural thing to do.


    I am the best in the world at what i do.

  9. #9
    Super Moderators www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Quahog
    Posts
    11,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a1v4r View Post
    Eiden said playing by the rules is harder.

    But what about the crowd? Do you guys think it's harder to get people to cheer for you or to boo at you?
    same thing, heel is easier. You just need to do this: Take a mic and say this town sucks, just a bunch of losers and fat toothles chicks in here. or insult the hometown Basketball, baseball or footbal team. Thats it

    Face on the other hand is a lot harder, for example Cena, he is face give his best everytime in ring but still got booed even if he say nice things about the town he is in
    Do you know Richard Cheese?

  10. #10
    Wrestler of the Month - March www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EidenA$$HOLE View Post
    same thing, heel is easier. You just need to do this: Take a mic and say this town sucks, just a bunch of losers and fat toothles chicks in here. or insult the hometown Basketball, baseball or footbal team. Thats it

    Face on the other hand is a lot harder, for example Cena, he is face give his best everytime in ring but still got booed even if he say nice things about the town he is in
    Yeah, that's the thing with faces. They always take the challenge and try their best.


  11. #11
    dR Rockers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canada, Eh not so great healthcare...
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EidenA$$HOLE View Post
    same thing, heel is easier. You just need to do this: Take a mic and say this town sucks, just a bunch of losers and fat toothles chicks in here. or insult the hometown Basketball, baseball or football team. That's it.

    Face on the other hand is a lot harder, for example Cena, he is face give his best every time in ring but still got booed even if he say nice things about the town he is in
    I disagree, Heel is far harder because it affects you personally and professionally. The crowd wants the worst possible outcome for you in any match you perform in, and, there aren't any WWE movies with heels as the lead.

  12. #12
    Hot Member www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    4,705

    Default

    It's so much easier to be hated than trying to get over as a babyface.

    For instance just taking a piss on a kid at ringside. Done. Heel.

    edit :- http://www.desirulez.net/showthread.php?t=554743

  13. #13
    dR Rockers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canada, Eh not so great healthcare...
    Posts
    124

    Default

    How you doing, (city you spent 10 minutes in)? It's that simple to get face pop.
    Don't forget your shinebox!

  14. #14
    Super Moderators www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Quahog
    Posts
    11,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highbone View Post
    I disagree, Heel is far harder because it affects you personally and professionally. The crowd wants the worst possible outcome for you in any match you perform in, and, there aren't any WWE movies with heels as the lead.
    See no evil - with Kane. but who cares about the movies. and it affects nothing its acting. for example big show is one of the nicest persons ever privat but is still a mean heel. and the crowd wants the worst for you? of course you are a heel thats your job but everyone knows its just kayfabe. and the crowd has no influence of who wins or not heels become champion as well as FAces
    Do you know Richard Cheese?

  15. #15
    Super Moderators www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Quahog
    Posts
    11,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highbone View Post
    How you doing, (city you spent 10 minutes in)? It's that simple to get face pop.
    no it isnt so easy. like I said take cena for example. Cena does that all the time but still booes him the half of the crowd
    Do you know Richard Cheese?

  16. #16
    Coolbie www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wijk bij Duurstede, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EidenA$$HOLE View Post
    See no evil - with Kane. but who cares about the movies. and it affects nothing its acting. for example big show is one of the nicest persons ever privat but is still a mean heel. and the crowd wants the worst for you? of course you are a heel thats your job but everyone knows its just kayfabe. and the crowd has no influence of who wins or not heels become champion as well as FAces
    Thats just my point. The audience and everything else doesn`t matter. The roles as heel and face are both simple but it does depend on your own character. You talked about big show, he is a nice guy in rl, so being a face is for him much easier because it comes natural for him. It`s always much easier being yourself than acting the opposite. So it definitely does depend on what kind of person you are.


    I am the best in the world at what i do.

  17. #17
    Coolbie www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wijk bij Duurstede, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EidenA$$HOLE View Post
    no it isnt so easy. like I said take cena for example. Cena does that all the time but still booes him the half of the crowd
    Thats just because of his supercena persona. Not because it is more difficult being face. He became stale because of it, that what happens with all wrestlers who do the same thing over and over again. Thats excactly the reason why i dislike sheamus atm but the same thing with heels, if you dont keep your character fresh people will start hating because they are sick of the character.


    I am the best in the world at what i do.

  18. #18
    The Phenomenal One www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Relaxing On The Beach
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Being a heel is obviously is easy, And being a face is hard but that depends on the person however, Take AJ Styles for an example he is the face of TNA and no one hates him he makes being a face very easy for him, But take someone like John Cena for example he is in the same situation as AJ Styles he is the face of the WWE but he is hated and loved by the fans but Styles is loved by the crowd, So i believe in the end i't depends on the wrestler if he is good face than he can making a face as easy as being a heel and if he was bad than he will be hated and loved like John Cena.


    Edit :- http://www.desirulez.net/showthread.php?t=554743

    "life is like ice cream use it before melt but make sure spend in right place"" - DR Angel

  19. #19
    dR Rockers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canada, Eh not so great healthcare...
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EidenA$$HOLE View Post
    no it isnt so easy. like I said take cena for example. Cena does that all the time but still booes him the half of the crowd
    SOOOOOO EASY TO BE FACE!!!!!, "How are you doing, Cleveland?" Mentioning the name of the city you are in gives you face pop. So, quit mentioning how "easy" it is to be heel....
    Don't forget your shinebox!

  20. #20
    dR Rockers www.desirulez.net
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canada, Eh not so great healthcare...
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenal X View Post
    Being a heel is obviously is easy, And being a face is hard but that depends on the person however, Take AJ Styles for an example he is the face of TNA and no one hates him he makes being a face very easy for him, But take someone like John Cena for example he is in the same situation as AJ Styles he is the face of the WWE but he is hated and loved by the fans but Styles is loved by the crowd, So i believe in the end i't depends on the wrestler if he is good face than he can making a face as easy as being a heel and if he was bad than he will be hated and loved like John Cena.
    That's a good joke!
    Don't forget your shinebox!

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •