Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default A peek into the biggest bash of the year: Big B’s 70th birthday celebrations

Follow us on Social Media

October 10 this year was probably the biggest and the most powerful birthday bash celebrated in our industry. The entire Bollywood clan turned up to wish the superstar as he turned 70 this Thursday. Amitabh Bachchan’s family rolled out the red carpet for as many as 800 guests at the Reliance Media Work, Film City, Goregaon. The guest list included yesteryear veterans like Hema Malini, Saira Banu, Waheeda Rehman, Vinod Khanna, Prem Chopra, Kader Khan, Pran, Zeenat Aman, Jeetendra, Asha Parekh, Shashi Kumar, Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh.
    Apart from our senior actors, the current stars from the industry who attended the bash included Deepika Padukone, Parineeti Chopra, Anurag Kashyap and his wife Kalki Koechlin, Sonakshi Sinha, Vidya Balan, John Abraham, Arshad Warsi, Tabu, Madhuri Dixit with her husband Sriram Nene, Mahima Chaudhary, Abbas Mastan, Sudhir Mishra, Anil Kapoor, Subhash Ghai, R Madhavan, Ameesha Patel, Ajay Devgn-Kajol, Sridevi, Sanjay Dutt, Sunil Shetty, Jackie Shroff, Juhi Chawla, Preity Zinta and Urmila Matondkar among others.
    Amitabh Bachchan, dressed in a black velvet outfit, came with his family — wife Jaya Bachchan, son Abhishek Bachchan, daughter Shweta, daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai. He walked the red carpet with live orchestra playing hit numbers from his films.
    Shabana Azmi called him an “iconic figure” and added: “I got an opportunity to work with him. He is my favourite.”
    Madhuri wished him all the “happiness and success”, while Juhi said: “I respect him, admire him and I had a great time working with him.”
    Vidya Balan said that “he is an inspiration not only for actors but for everyone”.
    ...being a human...