Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default Friday Release: Participate in the 'Chittagong' uprising with Manoj, Nawazuddin

Follow us on Social Media

One can wonder about what would have prompted Bedabrata Pain, the director of ‘Chittagong’, to make a film based on the same event on which an acclaimed director like Ashutosh Gowariker had made ‘Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey’. Bedabrata Pain’s film is centred on the same Chittagong uprising but he is going to show the whole incident in a new light.
    In an earlier interview with IBNLive, Bedabrata spoke about how his film is different than ‘Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey’, “Backdrop is of course the same. I am also taking about the events of the same period, but my film is different because it's the point of view of a 14 year old boy. I started working on the film long before Ashutosh started his film. I prepared 36 drafts before taking the first shot. Not only the protagonists are different but the treatment is also different. Perhaps where 'Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey' ends, my film reaches only half way.”
    He also explained the basic premise of his film, “'Chittagong' is the story about a 14 year old kid Subodh Roy or Jhunku Roy who took part in the movement. He is a studious boy; he comes first in the class, and is bound for Oxford. He doesn't even play football, let alone pick up a gun. He achieves victory despite his self doubts.”

...being a human...