Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default Easiest to work with kids: 'Jalpari' director

Follow us on Social Media

Orissa-based film director Nila Madhab Panda, whose films saw children playing major roles, shares a special connection with kids and says it is easiest to work with them.
    The 38-year-old made his debut in 2010 with National Award winning film "I Am Kalam", about a poor Rajasthani boy, who is inspired by former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam's life and has a strong desire to read and write.
    "I have a special connection with kids. I believe the way a child can narrate a story in his innocence, an adult can never do that," Panda told IANS.
    Citing an example, Panda added that when a chainsmoker is asked by people to quit smoking, he may not do it. "But when a child says the same, it hits you and the person stops it. When a child puts up questions, it touches your soul."
    His second film "Jalpari: The Desert Mermaid" came this year and talked about female foeticide and received good reviews.
    Children will be a part of his film in future too, says the director.
    "Children are a major part of the society and they will always be a part of my films. My next two films are not children's film. They are family entertainers, but yes, there are kids playing important characters," he said.
    Didn't working with child artists restrict you?
    ...being a human...