Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default Tuhin Sinha: Amitabh Bachchan symbolizes the traditional Indian patriarch to the core

Follow us on Social Media

My wife, who teaches Marketing in a Management school, and I, often end up having some absorbing discussions on brand positioning. Most of the times, these discussions end up in disagreements with each of us holding our separate views but recently we both tended to agree on a theory floated by her.
    She believes that the key factor which is instrumental in the continued success of Big B is that he epitomizes the traditional Indian patriarch to the core.
    I think I would agree with her on that. Come to think of it, Bachchan introduced aggression and violence as ingrained personality traits of the Hindi film hero at a time when our own fathers and grandfathers, belonging to the betrayed, educated middle class, were most agitated by the conditions prevailing in the country in the early 70s.
    Not everybody could choose or embrace the violent route but via Bachchan, they vicariously lived the joy of bashing away the ills that irked them day in and day out. So right at the start, Bachchan managed a sentimental connect with the average disillusioned middle class whose hero he became.
    ...being a human...