Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default Haryana villagers happy after Subhash Ghai's land allotment revoked

Follow us on Social Media

Lured by the Haryana government into giving away village common land on the plea that Bollywood filmmaker Subhash Ghai's film school project would bring development to the area, residents of Badhsa village in Jhajjar district are rejoicing after the Punjab and Haryana high court nullified the allotment on the ground it was fraudulent.
    "I was fully confident that the court will quash the allotment of land as it was made by violating the law. We all are so happy now," said Nafe Singh, a retired teacher who had filed the petition against allotment of the land. The village is about 30 km from the Delhi border.
    "This was the first time when costly panchayat land was directly sold to an individual for establishing a business unit. Otherwise, the state government used to only acquire land for development projects. Most of the villagers learnt about allotment of the land to Subhash Ghai when construction of the fencing started," a visibly happy Nafe Singh told IANS.
    "It is really a matter of happiness for me and other villagers that I succeeded in protecting the precious land of the village," he added.
    A division bench consisting of acting Chief Justice Jasbir Singh and Justice Rakesh Kumar Jain last week ordered Ghai to return the 20-acre plot to the village council, saying giving it to the filmmaker would not serve any public purpose.
    ...being a human...