Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default Anurag Basu plans English 'Barfi!'

Follow us on Social Media

After treating Hindi-viewing audiences to "Barfi!", director Anurag Basu plans to cook up an English version of the movie for non-Hindi audiences. He says "Barfi!" is his most personal film ever, and is confident that a movie with only a few dialogues could strike a chord with the viewers all across.
    "I've to confess we're toying with the idea of putting out an English version of the film," said Basu in an interview.
    "Barfi!", starring Ranbir Kapoor as a deaf and mute boy, Priyanka Chopra as an autistic girl, and Ileana D'Cruz in the role of a Bengali girl, has tugged at the heartstrings of the audiences with its simplicity and heartwarming narrative.
    What's next?
    "Ranbir and I are committed to make the Kishore Kumar biopic together. That will take some time. So in the meanwhile, I am making a small film," he said:
    Excerpts from the interview:
    Q. How do you plan to take 'Barfi!' ahead of the non-Hindi audience?
    Well, I've to confess we're toying with the idea of putting out an English version of the film. I can't say much about that right now. Let's see. The film has been to the Pusan and Marrakesh film festivals. The only reason it wasn't at the Toronto International Film Festival is because we were too busy releasing the film worldwide to take it to Toronto. But those sections of non-Indian viewers who have seen 'Barfi!' say it has the potential to break through the language barrier.
    ...being a human...