Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default Launch of first look trailer of ‘Aiyya’

Follow us on Social Media

Rani Mukherjee recently unveiled the first trailer of her comeback flick ‘Aiyya; and must say she looked pretty at the event. At the launch, Rani Mukherjee interacted with the media and revealed: “When Anurag came to me, I told him I can’t do the kind of movies he makes; I don’t want to work in dark films. I told Anurag I want to do a happy film.”
    Talking about her character in the movie, Rani said: “My character Meenakshi Deshmukh is very filmy. She is huge fan of Sridevi, Juhi Chawla and Madhuri Dixit. She dreams about them and goes in fantasy world all the time”
    The event saw Rani draped in a Maharashtrian saree and director Sachin Kundalkar revealed his motive behind the Marathi backdrop for the movie. “I like Bollywood films but I am saturated with the Punjabi culture. I feel every regional sensibility has to be represented and in that respect Mani Ratnam is my idol. He brought in the South sensibilities and since I am a Maharashtrian, I am bringing in mine,” says Kundalkar.
    The movie which will be screened at BFI has Rani Mukherji playing a Marathi girl who lives with her eccentric family next to a smelly rubbish dump, lost in her dream-like Bollywood fantasy world. She gets a job at an art college where she meets a soul-mate, a buck-toothed Lady GaGa lookalike, and together they go man-hunting. Then enters her dream man to whom Rani is drawn because he smells good. Meanwhile, her parents search a groom for her and as her dream hunk mysteriously disappears, our heroine is torn as to which path to choose?

...being a human...