Retired Staff

Default When Vora took the 'Short Kut'

Follow us on Social Media

Well, not quite the traditional Maori nose to nose greet, Short Kut director Neeraj Vora would say if shown Anger Management’s poster. But TOI
    decided to rub the director’s nose in it anyway; The Con Is On and Vora took the Short Kut!

Neeraj Vora’s forthcoming film, Short Kut: The Con Is On, is about two strugglers — one who makes it big as a
    superstar after stealing a script and the other a director whose struggle continues after his script gets stolen.

If the storyline is exciting, the brochure even more so, designed along the lines of a self-help book with several shortcut suggestions on life, career, love, school and social life. While mulling over the shortcut proposals, one
    wonders whether the director also took a shortcut while designing the film’s brochure.

The cover photo of the film’s booklet closely resembles the poster of the Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler starrer Anger Management. The expressions are conspicuously similar, the only dissimilarity being Arshad Warsi and Akshaye Khanna’s noses don’t rub the way Jack and Adam’s do in the AM poster.

Quiz director Vora on the likeness and the answer is one of feigned ignorance. “I haven’t seen the Anger Management poster. I don’t think there could be any parallels between the two. My film is about two people who don’t get along. The designs were done by Rahul Nanda,” he says. So, was this Akshaye-Arshad
    picture shot specifically for the brochure? “We have such moments in the film. But this particular snapshot was
    specially shot for the brochure,” Vora adds.

Now that the similarities have been pointed out, would Vora wish to check out AM’s poster online? “Yes, I’ll surely do that,” is all that he volunteers.

Hot Member

For Sharing
    Make A Reply... It´s A Gift! ~Give A Rep... It´s A Grace! ~Get A Rep... It´s A Virtue!
    ~But Try Not To Be A Leecher ... It´s An HONOR...