Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default Bhandarkar on jury of Cairo film fest

Follow us on Social Media

Acclaimed Indian director Madhur Bhandarkar has been invited at the 35th Cairo International Film Festival, starting Nov 27, to judge a segment.
    Bhandarkar has been chosen to be part of the International Jury segment because of his contribution to the Indian cinema.
    "I am delighted to be a part of the International Jury for the 35th edition of Cairo International Film Festival. I love the theme that they have 'positive thinking revolution and freedom'," the 44-year-old said in a statement.
    This is not the first time Bhandarkar is going to be a part of the event. In 2010, a retrospect of his five films including "Chandni Bar", "Page 3", "Corporate", "Traffic Signal" and "Fashion" was showcased at the prestigious film fest.
    Many big names from Hollywood have been associated with the festival like Salma Hayek, Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis and Bill Murray.
    ...being a human...

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Thumbs up Madhur on jury of Cairo International Film Festival

The national award winning director Madhur Bhandarkar has been invited by The Cairo International Film Festival to join the International Jury. They will be launching their 35th edition of the film festival starting November 27 to December 6, 2012. This is not the first time Madhur is going to be a part of the film festival. In 2010, a retrospect of Madhur's five films had taken place at the festival. They had screen Chandni Bar, Page 3, Corporate, Traffic Signal and Fashion at the 33rd Cairo International Film Festival, two years ago.

"I am delighted to be a part of the International Jury for the 35th edition of Cairo International Film Festival. I love the theme that they have 'Positive thinking revolution and freedom'", says Madhur.

Many big names from Hollywood have been associated with this prestigious film festival like Salma Hayek, Samuel L Jackson, Bruce Willis and Bill Murray. The film festival has been the centre of global attention due to the dramatic events of the Egyptian Revolution and its aftermath, which brought about a regime change. The country is now celebrating a new beginning and the festival plays its historic role as light house of culture, art and creativity.

Madhur has been chosen to be a part of the International Jury because of his contribution to Indian cinema that has been recognised all over the world.

Administrator www.desirulez.net

Default Madhur Bhandarkar in international jury of Cairo International Film Fest

Cairo International Film Festival has invited national award winning director Madhur Bhandarkar to join the International Jury. The festival that will go underway on 27 November will go on till 6 December, this year.

Airing his views on him being selected for the jury at this year’s Cairo fest, Bhandarkar opined, “I am delighted to be a part of the 35th edition of Cairo International Film Festival. I like this year’s theme that says ‘Positive thinking revolution and freedom.”

The reason behind the noted director being chosen to be a part of the International Jury is because of his contribution to Indian cinema that has been recognised the world over.

This is not the first time that the director of the Kareena Kapoor-starrer Heroine is going to be a part of the film festival. Two years ago on in 2010, a Madhur Bhandarkar retrospective was arranged at the fest that had screened his noted films like Chandni Bar, Page 3, Corporate, Traffic Signal and Fashion.

A lot of big name from Hollywood have been earlier associated with this prestigious film festival like Salma Hayek, Samuel L Jackson, Bruce Willis and Bill Murray.

The film festival has been the centre of global attention due to the dramatic events of the Egyptian Revolution and its aftermath, which brought about a regime change.