Administrator www.desirulez.net

Default Student of the Year will be Karan Johar's shortest film

Follow us on Social Media

According to Karan Johar, his upcoming film Student of the Year is the shortest film he has made till date. This after the director has made up his mind to follow the current trend of making shorter films in Bollywood.

The duration of this campus drama is a little over two hours, while his earlier four directorial ventures were of a duration close to three hours or a little more.

"This is going to be the shortest film of my career. Though I am yet to arrive at the final cut, it should be around 135-140 minutes at maximum," explained Johar.

While Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna is said to be Johar's lengthiest film of 215 minutes, his last release My Name Is Khan was of 165 minutes was his shortest so far. Other films like Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham was of 211 minutes while Kuch Kuch Hota Hai was 185 minutes long.

Student of the Year hasn't been designed as a saga per se that requires an extended story to be told. Moreover, this is the first time Karan is working with newcomers. With superstars, one can still hold audience for three hours, but with newcomers, it's better to keep it short and simple, feels the trade.

Student of the Year, starring newcomers Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan and Siddharth Malhotra, is due to open on 19 October.