Administrator www.desirulez.net

Default Adnan Sami's "musical" birthday celebration

Follow us on Social Media

Although the Ambanis, Mukesh and Nita had a posh dinner at their Antilla residence and the Bachchans could not attend Adnanís birthday because of their prior commitment to the Ambanis, it was a massive birthday turnout at Adnan Samiís residence in Lokhandwala on Saturday evening.

Some of the guests from the Ambanisí list hop skipped and jumped over to Adnanís party.

Says one of Adnanís prominent invitees, ďIt was a fun evening. But more than fun, it was a musical evening. While guests like Rishi Kapoor, Subhash Ghai and Rakesh Roshan divided their time between the Ambanis and the Samis, the musical brigade namely Mika, Shaan, Sunidhi Chauhan and her husband Hitesh, Salim-Suleiman, Anees Bazmi, Sajid-Wajid, Raghav Sachar and G V Prakash (of Aa Ante Amblapuram) turned the formal sit-in dinner into a jackets-off musical evening.Ē

Says a guest, ďMika initiated the idea of an antakshari based on the songs of all the filmmakers, actors and musicians who were present at the party. It started as a spontaneous outburst of joyous singing but quickly became a homage to the music of Rishi Kapoor, Subhash Ghai, Rakesh Roshan, Anees Bazmi and Adnan Sami. Rishi, Subhash Ghai and Rishi Kapoor also joined in.Ē

The music, dancing and partying went on until 5 in the morning.

Says Adnan, ďIt was an amazing evening. I expected it to be enjoyable. But not so musical. We sang all night.Ē

Adnan also cut a piano-shaped cake. Surprisingly the hot-model types, usually so ubiquitous at Adnanís binges, were conspicuous by their absence this time.
    Says Adnan, ďThis time I only had eyes for one lady, and thatís my wife Roya. No diversions, please.Ē