dR Force!!! www.desirulez.net

Default Compared to UFC Wwe made half PPV sales with Brock Lesnar ... Why ?

Follow us on Social Media

Wwe is paying millions dollars to Brock Lesnar but when it comes to using Brock Lesnar they have failed compared to UFC

Every fight that Brock Lesnar had on a UFC card did over 600,000 buys.

His Extreme Rules match with John Cena did 251,000 buys.

In my opinion he is being used like shit hiding behind Paul Heyman....

Your thoughts ???
    Last edited by Insideout Shoots; 08-13-2012 at 12:19 AM.

It's Clobberin Time

I was really exited with Brock's return but lets face it. He has a reputation now . I don't mind Cena beating Lesnar but Cena was supposed to be carried off on a stretcher after the match was over , but that is past so forget it now .

But does a monster like Lesnar needs to hide behind Heyman ?

This is what I don't like this is a poor build up between Lesnar and HHH .

I hope HBK's involvement is to make it better not to screw it up even more .

It's Clobberin Time

The Phenomenal One www.desirulez.net

Sadly the WWE doesn't have a choice, Brock Lesnar has a limited appearances i't was decided in the contract was 35 appearances and he appeared about 7-8 times, So the WWE don't want Brock Lesnar appearances to end pretty soon they want him to appear more at Elimination Chamber, I think that's why the sales from Brock Lesnar isn't a lot because he doesn't appear a lot but in UFC he appeared in every match that he scheduled to do.

Edit :- http://www.desirulez.net/showthread.php?t=554743

"life is like ice cream use it before melt but make sure spend in right place"" - DR Angel

Winner - Roadies X!! www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenal X View Post
    Sadly the WWE doesn't have a choice, Brock Lesnar has a limited appearances i't was decided in the contract was 35 appearances and he appeared about 7-8 times, So the WWE don't want Brock Lesnar appearances to end pretty soon they want him to appear more at Elimination Chamber, I think that's why the sales from Brock Lesnar isn't a lot because he doesn't appear a lot but in UFC he appeared in every match that he scheduled to do.
    Yes your right

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by insideout View Post
    But does a monster like Lesnar needs to hide behind Heyman ?
    When it comes to cutting promos.......yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tray View Post
    When it comes to cutting promos.......yes.

Yup .........

But not when it comes to beating HHH , see you at summerslam and leave ............

I had hopes with Lesnar when he beat the hell out of Cena , not because I hate Cena but I wanted to see that happen for a change ........ all I want is at least one bad ass heel who doesn't walks away like a coward .......

Don't we have many coward type billed heels ........ one more ... WTF !!!

Back in 2003 Lesnar used to beat the f**k out of guys like Angel , Taker and Show.

It's Clobberin Time

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

A few factors are involved, obvious a large one is the crossover/casual fans. as people in here have said, WWE fans who don't watch the UFC see Lesnar so they buy the card to see how he does. The other factor is that some of the Lesnar cards were stacked with other great fighters;

UFC 81 - he was on the undercard of a heavyweight title fight, fighting a former heavyweight champion. Some other good fighters on the card, did 650,000 buys
    UFC 87 - On the undercard of a welterweight title fight featuring one of the most popular fighters in the world of MMA in GSP. Had a few good fights as well that draw in hardcore fans as well as casuals. 625,000 buys.
    UFC 91 - Main event vs a UFC hall of famer for the heavyweight title. Decent enough undercard, was built and hyped something huge. Did 1,000,000 buys.

So by this point everything has been built on hype, good fighters on the undercard, and now his performances. He's the heavyweight champ, that gets peoples attention. So you move along to UFC 100. This card was absolutely stacked. 2 championship fights, a rematch with Mir, GSP/Alves, Hendo/Bisping, Akiyama (huge in Japan), even the prelims were quality. This was hyped up huge. Did 1.5-1.6 million buys.

So he's rolling, got some wins up. He's the heavyweight champ, drawing in WWE fans, casual fans, hardcore fans are buying the cards anyway. Then he got injured, was out for a year so at UFC 116 its built up as a huge comeback. Does 1.2 million buys.

Same kind of story for the rest of his UFC career. Fighting good fighters, in well hyped events with solidly built undercards. Then he retires and heads back to the WWE. So right there, UFC fans arent going to watch him fake fight, casuals are drawn to mixed martial arts, so they move onto the next fighter, WWE fans who were watching UFC, were watching WWE anyway so the WWE doesn't gain any new fans for his return. Maybe a bit from nostalgic fans who don't watch WWE anymore. But the way he's been hyped and built in the WWE doesn't hold a candle to the hype/promo he got in the UFC.

edit :- http://www.desirulez.net/showthread.php?t=554743