Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default Shaad Ali all set to make a comeback with a bang

Follow us on Social Media

The wonderfully talented Saathiya director Shaad Ali, son of Muzaffar Alli , is back from the wilderness. Nothing was heard from Shaad after his box office fiasco Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom in 2007. Sporadic titbits as to Shaad’s plans to settle in his native village in Uttar Pradesh and to join politics kept trickling into Mumbai from Lucknow and Kanpur where Shaad was stationed.

Now, 5 years later Shaad is back. A surprise call from the soft-spoken director ended all speculation.

Shaad is ready to direct his next film, and then he goes on to his raison d’etre, the film that he was born to make, so to speak.

First Kill Dil. Yes, that’s the breezy but not frivolous romantic film Shaad starts at the end of the year with his buddy Ranveer Singh in the lead.
    Speaking from Kanpur, Shaad said, “I want the title to convey the theme and mood film. And I think I’ve got it bang-on. Kill Dil is a film about the tricks that the heart plays on the unsuspecting victim of love. Ranveer is pukka for the male lead. The film has another male lead and of course the female lead that I will cast soon as I return to Mumbai in a couple of weeks.”
    Shaad sees Kill Dil as a warming up for his next film, the opus based on the life of his grandmother the legendary freedom fighter and activist Lakshmi Sahgal who passed away in July. Deeply attached to her, Shaad has been in mourning for a month.
    ...being a human...