Retired Staff www.desirulez.net

Default Can we all agree that they completely ruined the RAW MITB briefcase

Follow us on Social Media

Can we all agree that they completely ruined the RAW MITB briefcase

They gave it to Cena so that him and Punk could have a match at RAW 1000 for the title...but since it was the 1000th episode of RAW, why didn't they just announce Punk vs. Cena in the main event for the title? Why waste the briefcase on a match that could have just been announced by Vince? I always thought the main point of the briefcase was the shock value it brought when someone cashed it in when the champion was down.

Share Your Thoughts

Cena is too much of a good guy to cash the briefcase in by surprise.

dR Force!!! www.desirulez.net

Well, I think someone has to fail cashing that briefcase , and I am happy that it's Cena and not a rising talent like Dolph .

It's Clobberin Time

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

They wanted to make the briefcase a guarantee of a match, not a guarantee of a win, as it always had been. The only guy who can absorb the hit and walk away clean from being the first one to fail a briefcase cash-in was Cena.

To be honest I hate the MITB briefcase. Once you say you're cashing it in, that should be that. This bell didn't ring is complete bullshit, why exactly did the time keeper not ring the bell? You asked for the match, you should get it then and there. Just because the champ makes a miraculous recovery doesn't change anything.

Winner - Roadies X!! www.desirulez.net

Yes they ruined the RAW MITB. If you see WWE is ruined everything they ruined the WWE Draft because of the RAW SUPERSHOW.

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

It was ruined when it was announced that it would all be former World Champions in the actual match. For me, that ruined the point of MITB (dat lazyman's booking of an up and comer).

But yeah, Cena didn't need to win it, but it was another thing to add to his CV of achievements I suppose. It would have been interesting if Cena had held onto the briefcase for a bit, rather than rushing the cash-in just so he can get a title match on Raw 1000.

edit :- http://www.desirulez.net/showthread.php?t=554743

dR www.desirulez.net

Yes, they indeed did ruin it but they probably wanted to make the one thing straight. The MITB Briefcase gives the winner a guarenteed match for a Championship, not a guarenteed win!

Landed To DesiRulez www.desirulez.net

I dont know this is just my opinion, so dont take me wrong. But what if it was not scripted to let Cena win? Since the briefcase came off so yeah it could go both ways. Since then its most likely they had to make Cena loose the match with Big Show interfering. I dont know just my opinion.

The Phenomenal One www.desirulez.net

I't was obvious from the start i't was gonna be a big fail, The MITB was made to make the young wrestlers have a chance to taste the glory of the being in the main event and winning a WHC and WWEC, But they just took a formers WWE champions and put them in the Raw MITB and from there i hated the MITB, They could of give to guys like Drew, Swagger, Epico, and Primo a guys like them who can lead the WWE to the future, Not guys like Big Show who had to get his own ladder just to get the briefcase, Chris Jericho a guy who is known that he will leave at Summerslam so i'ts obvious that he will not the briefcase, Kane who is been an after thought since he returned and loosing every big main event, The Miz he just got back from making a movie and he just thinks he is ready that's complete BS, And John Cena when he said that he was gonna compete in the MITB i just know i't that he was gonna win the MITB and that just took the fun for me to expect who is gonna win the MITB, And they also made i't the main event so i can say in the end the WWE ruined one of my favorite PPV of the year.

Edit :- http://www.desirulez.net/showthread.php?t=554743

"life is like ice cream use it before melt but make sure spend in right place"" - DR Angel

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by insideout View Post
    Well, I think someone has to fail cashing that briefcase , and I am happy that it's Cena and not a rising talent like Dolph .

To everyone else that felt that the RAW MITB "ruined it". Would you rather see any of those up and coming you all mention talent fail to cash in. It was going to happen. Let me guess, if it did happen, i bet you this thread would be:

"WWE SCREWED _________ FOR HIS CASH IN!!!"

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

Because WWE are no longer unpredictable and nothing really surprising happens.

They need a real shocker for example, when Punk won the title and teetered on moving promotion, would have been great media if he actually moved to another show temporarily with the WWE title.