Retired Staff www.desirulez.net

Default Dolph Ziggler isn't ready for the main event

Follow us on Social Media

Dolph Ziggler isn't ready for the main event

Getting pretty sick of all the Dolph Ziggler love online in the past year or so. I like the guy, but to me he is still a couple of years out from being a main event player. Would much rather see a younger guy like Cody Rhodes or The Miz pushed, who have all the tools.

Yeah, Dolph's a great seller, as everyone says, but that's about all when it comes to in-ring ability. His offence looks weak and he can't pull off being tough like a Daniel Bryan can as a smaller guy. His finishers stink - the "Zig Zag" is one of the worst finishers I've ever seen, and he hasn't put anyone away with a sleeper in about 2 years. Plus, his moveset is generic and dull, I find. I like his little mannerisms in the ring though - the sit-ups, the headstands and the Ric Flair strut, but still.. not main event level yet.

On the mic, the guy is almost NXT level, or Smackdown mid-card level at best. I like his little skits on the Zack Ryder show, but they don't transfer to TV well. Remember when he tried one of those on AJ? It just fell flat.. too fast for the live crowd to follow, so it just ends with silence. His promos against Jericho was weak.. he just doesn't have the right delivery. I'll give him credit for his promo against Mick Foley in January, but it wasn't anywhere near Cena/Punk/Bryan level. Still, he has improved tonnes from where he was when he cut the worst promo in the history of WWE a couple of years ago (the one with Pat Patterson on a PPV). I think it would be best if he started doing backstage skits before he took the mic in the middle of the ring.

So yeah, he has his ups and downs, and down the line I can see him being a top heel for WWE .. but right now, he isn't ready for the main event. Anyone agree with me?

dR Force!!! www.desirulez.net

It's Clobberin Time

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Guys like Swagger, Bryan and The Miz weren't ready for the main-event either at the time of their pushes. You just have to take a chance on a talent and see if they'll shine in the main-event, or be a complete flop like Swagger. If they never give him that chance, we'll never know. I think Ziggler's been ready for the main-event scene for a while now. He has all the tools and is almost a complete package in my eyes (he does need to slightly improve on his mic skills though). However given Ziggler's booking history and his place in the company, you know he won't be a mainstay in the main-event and he will only be a filler main-eventer, similar to how guys like Miz and Bryan were, so you don't have to worry about him being in the main-event for long OP. Ziggler's shown he can always hang with main-event talent in big matches (Edge, Sheamus, Punk, Orton) and sometimes even in main-event feuds (Edge, Punk) but Ziggler will always be one of those guys who will mostly be a credible upper mid-card talent who will drift in and out of the main-event scene when needed.

edit :- http://www.desirulez.net/showthread.php?t=554743

dR www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by dR boi View Post
    Guys like Swagger, Bryan and The Miz weren't ready for the main-event either at the time of their pushes. You just have to take a chance on a talent and see if they'll shine in the main-event, or be a complete flop like Swagger. If they never give him that chance, we'll never know. I think Ziggler's been ready for the main-event scene for a while now. He has all the tools and is almost a complete package in my eyes (he does need to slightly improve on his mic skills though). However given Ziggler's booking history and his place in the company, you know he won't be a mainstay in the main-event and he will only be a filler main-eventer, similar to how guys like Miz and Bryan were, so you don't have to worry about him being in the main-event for long OP. Ziggler's shown he can always hang with main-event talent in big matches (Edge, Sheamus, Punk, Orton) and sometimes even in main-event feuds (Edge, Punk) but Ziggler will always be one of those guys who will mostly be a credible upper mid-card talent who will drift in and out of the main-event scene when needed.
    You basically said what I was going to say Not cool bro

dR Force!!! www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by xAwesomeStrike View Post
    You basically said what I was going to say Not cool bro

I am not in typing mood on Mondays

It's Clobberin Time

Junior Moderator

This post is all messed up! Ziggler has ALWAYS been ready for the main event. And are you kidding me?! His mic skills are AMAZING!

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by insideout View Post
    You and me both.

Winner - Roadies X!! www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by insideout View Post
    HEHE