Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default Priyanka Chopra missed SRK at IIFA 2009!

Follow us on Social Media

The IIFA award for Best Actress may be just another feather in Priyanka Chopra's cap, but it has evoked a response of humility rather than pride from the actress, as she recalled that she nearly refused to act in Fashion.

When we asked the Fashion girl what it felt like to be the chosen one for the award, and being picked from a nominee list that held stalwarts like Aishwarya Rai and other Bollywood top ladies like Bipasha Basu, Katrina Kaif and Asin, Priyanka said, "They are all very good actresses. Ever year out of all the contestants, only one gets selected. If I am selected this time, it doesn't mean that others are not good actors. Next time if someone else will be selected, it won't mean that I am not a good actress. It's just that this time destiny was my side and I won this award."

Priyanka expressed a sense of satisfaction with the film Fashion and the honour it has brought her. She credits the success to Madhur Bhandarkar who insisted that she does this film. "The role was very challenging for me. In fact I had never thought that I could do this kind of role. You will be surprised to know that initially I had refused to do it. It was Madhur who insisted that I take it as a challenge and I did that. Now I feel that Madhur's advise was so precious and lucky for me."

In 2009, Priyanka has a number of important films lined up, like Kaminay, opposite Shahid Kapoor, What's Your Rashi opposite Harman Baweja and Pyaar Impossible opposite Uday Chopra.

Barely able to hide her excitement about her upcoming projects, Priyanka said, "All the three films are totally different from each other and I am really excited about them. You will see me in three different roles.

And has she got used to winning awards not? "As far as awards are concerned, expectations are always there but sometimes they get fulfilled sometimes they don t. I have learnt to do my work and that I will continue to do. I will continue to take up exciting and challenging roles. Rest is with destiny," she said.

While she had a great time at the IIFA awards in Macau, she confesses that her favourite star was missing from the excitement. "I really missed Shah Rukh very much," revealed Priyanka.

Hot Member

thanks for sharing
    Make A Reply... Its A Gift! ~Give A Rep... Its A Grace! ~Get A Rep... Its A Virtue!
    ~But Try Not To Be A Leecher ... Its An HONOR...