Kal Ho Na Ho
    India & Cambodia

Default Deepika takes a stand on 'kissing' scene in Love Aaj Kal

Follow us on Social Media

Deepika Padukone’s kissing scenes with Saif Ali Khan in Love Aaj Kal has set tongues wagging and everyone’s been talking about it but the actress is unnerved about it. “I think it was necessary in the film. I believed in the role and keeping that in mind I have been able to perform better. We have all moved way ahead. I mean how long are we going to show flowers or birds tweeting during a kissing scene?” says Deepika.

As for Saif, Deepika is all praise. “I have learnt a lot while working with Saif. He’s been extremely kind and polite. He has all the Nawab-like qualities and he’s very London-bred. Moreover, he’s so experienced and natural in front of the camera. I have been watching him right from his Dil Chahta Hai days. Saif has been nothing but supportive throughout the film,” she says.

When asked whether her beau Ranbir Kapoor had seen the film and approved of it, Deepika says, “I have always believed in keeping my personal and professional life apart. We both know our professional demands and we don’t interfere in it. I am just happy to have him in my life. He is my best friend,” she says.

Deepika also laughs off rumours that Kareena Kapoor had given her the cold shoulder during the shoot, saying, “She was never on the sets when I was shooting. She is a talented and brilliant actress and she knows that every director cannot act with the same actors again and again. I hope Love Aaj Kal does the same for me the what Jab We Met did for Kareena.”

About working with Ranbir’s parents in the film Deepika says, “Saif has more scenes with them. They are passionate people and have a positive approach and encourage everyone.”