Retired Staff www.desirulez.net

Default Should Santino Marella Fire....

Follow us on Social Media

Should Santino Marella Fire....

Before I get crucified by some of you, let me give a disclaimer. I don't actually want the guy behind Marella to get fired. Obviously, a job is a job. Second, I understand that he's actually a pretty talented wrestler, and a person who is overall quite charismatic and over with the fans (Elimination Chamber as a very good example). I also understand that there are guys way less talented than him (Khali, Otunga), that are also featured on the roster, so don't think that I'm only singling this guy out. There is a lot wrong with the WWE.

But the ROOT of some of the most annoying, uninteresting, and just dull crap that the WWE throws out week by week comes from Santino. He isn't the sole cause of any of this stuff (and again, creative/Vince has control, so don't think I'm just blaming the guy doing his job), but I'll be damned if he isn't the purveyor of 'shit' day in and day out.

To elaborate. The WWE has some really, really great talent, and among their shortcomings are misusing the talent, giving (quite frankly) retarded gimmicks to certain wrestlers, and not completing, or even having, great story lines to offer.

All of that is bad enough, but to add to it, we have this stupid COMEDY segment thrown in at every pay per view, and every RAW. This comedy can go anywhere from Santino's stupid entrance, to his ridiculous 'gimmick' matches strewn around pay per views, to backstage segments, to you name it. These segments then spread out, incorporating other individuals (Brodus Clay, Legends, etc.). The WWE hasn't been funny for a long, long time, and speaking as one of the biggest fans of Foley, Santino isn't riding the line between 'badass' and 'comedy wrestler'. He's just garbage (the character).

Yes, the guy can wrestle, but since he has no control over that, he's left to the same boring moveset. He's left to the same stupid segments that are sandwiched between legitimate and, at times, interesting segments. The INCONSISTENCY is the root of all of the WWE's problems, and by golly, that inconsistency thrives on a great match being followed up by a ****ing tuxedo match with Santino and Ricardo (No Way Out). Cena is also a purveyor of 'shit cherries' on the top of every decent show, but I'm just focusing in on Santino and the love of comedy.

If Vince hates wrestling being looked at as some sort of carnival gimmick, then he needs to stop putting this stupid filler garbage in between everything. The second that the WWE gets more consistent, the better it'll be in the long run. Segments will play into each other, and strengthen each other, and the general idea will be 'make everything good'. I swear, sometimes it feels like they're being forced at gunpoint to offer a Santino match/segment every ****ing RAW/Pay Per View. They NEVER serve any purpose, they are NEVER funny, and they are a ****ing DRAG to have, especially when the event in question is going pretty darn well. This stupid comedy thing only adds to the obnoxiousness of the announcers (Lawler, for example), an inability to suspend disbelief (What if Punk's shoot followed a 10 minute Santino segment?), and this giant inconsistency that just ****s over everyone watching. RAW shouldn't be '3 good segments, 4 bad segments', it should be a GOOD RAW or a BAD RAW.
    Last edited by sshinde555; 06-26-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

I wouldn't mind Santino leaving at all.

edit :- http://www.desirulez.net/showthread.php?t=554743

dR Force!!! www.desirulez.net

I yawned after reading first 4 lines.

Santino won't be fired until Wwe finds another talent from Italy, cause his place is fixed cause of that only.

Second reason why he won't be fired soon is cause kids love him.

It's Clobberin Time

Santino is more over than most of the main enters.

He won't be getting fired.

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

he is joke! fire him already =(

Santino is ok as comedy , the only problem is he is the champion , he destroys the championship image , he must lose a championship match soon and stick to what he can do , and not fight with ricardo in a toxido match , at a paperview , wtf! .
    And the badest thing of all is that everytime he tries to use his "cobra" his rival tries to run , wtf! , it's not a real cobra , it's santino's &&&&ing hand , I know it's a finisher but i never found that so strong to pin someone , he's just a joke , he can't be champion , so make him lose it already .

Quote Originally Posted by sshinde555 View Post
    Second, I understand that he's actually a pretty talented wrestler
    http://www.desirulez.net/wrestling-d...wrestlers.html