Retired Staff www.desirulez.net

Default Raw is really suffering from not having a standout heel

Follow us on Social Media

Raw is really suffering from not having a standout heel

I'm actually the repeat of Raw right now and half way through and seeing as it's rare for me to sit through a whole Raw as i usually just skip through and watch the best bits it really struck me just how much Raw is suffering from not having one true standout heel. Now obviously i've noticed it before but it hasn't hit me as hard as it is right now as looking at John Cena, Triple H and CM Punk in comparison to Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger and The Miz it's so clear the roster is heavily lopsided.

Yes Brock Lesnar and Chris Jericho are around but then so is The Rock and The Undertaker sometimes as well so that kind of balances that one out again and puts the heavy advantage back in favor of the babyfaces. Obviously a simple solution that people will say is "turn John Cena heel" but with how much money he makes WWE that right now isn't an option nor is turning CM Punk when he is at the highest point he has ever been. The best times on Raw were when there was a clear standout heel such as Shawn Michaels, The Rock, Triple H, The New World Order, Edge and Randy Orton whilst Stone Cold Steve Austin had a short run and Chris Jericho has flirted with the role.

For a top babyface to really peak they need someone to play off of in a genuine standout top heel as we saw in feuds like Hogan/Andre, Sting/Flair, Savage/Flair, Sting/Hogan, Austin/Rock, Austin/Triple H, Rock/Triple H and most recently Cena/Edge and whilst the potential heels on the roster probably won't ever hit the heights the heels from back then did we'll never know unless they are tried. Had Brock Lesnar been signed to a full time schedule for a year everything probably would be fine with Chris Jericho in the main support role but neither are full time and it means no one is believable going up against the top babyfaces or draw extra interest.

dR Rockers www.desirulez.net

yes, raw need a truly heel character, and they can use some of the potential they have, guys like Miz, Ziggler, Wade Barret or Daniel Bryan, i thing these guys with a good storyline would give some great work against CM Punk WWE title.

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

he problem is, whenever someone becomes a big heel, one of two things happen:

1. He gets liked by the IWC because of how good at being a heel he is, so eventually it becomes 'cool' to cheer him, a la CM Punk.

2. He gets built up and up and up and then gets squashed by John Cena.

When people learn that booing the heel they like will make WWE push them more, that's when we can have a big heel on RAW.

edit :- http://www.desirulez.net/showthread.php?t=554743

dR Force!!! www.desirulez.net

They have names like Miz, Zingler , D. Brayan but they lack build up.

It's Clobberin Time

It's WWE's fault, they book their heels like shit.

Other than Orton for a short period, HHH is the last heel to be booked properly, and he booked it himself.

dR Force!!! www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by deathmatchdragon View Post
    It's WWE's fault, they book their heels like shit.

Other than Orton for a short period, HHH is the last heel to be booked properly, and he booked it himself.
    Agree but I think Edge was the last heel to be booked properly.....

It's Clobberin Time

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

I'd like to see Orton going back to heel when he returns, but not seeing that happening tho :/

We need another group of heels , like how nexus was , only that way can Cena get beat up .

I was just thinking the other day I much prefered Punk as a heel...

They should just book Miz in higher matches and make him look better than the joke they make him out to be, he's an awesome heel (pardon the pun!)

Quote Originally Posted by insideout View Post
    Agree but I think Edge was the last heel to be booked properly.....
    Edge was good, but he was booked the only way WWE know how to book heels.

A classic chickenshit heel, maybe the role suited him, but I'm not counting it because that's all we ever see.