Administrator www.desirulez.net

Default Haqeeqat due in August

Follow us on Social Media

Late filmmaker Chetan Anand’s classic of 60s, Haqeeqat is being re-released in Colour by his son Ketan Anand, later in August this year.

Though there is a very small market or less demand of colourised films, Ketan feels that the film has a huge canvas and with the right kind of marketing, the film will gain footfalls in theatres when it releases.

“There is not much demand of colourised films as yet, because after Mughal-E-Azam no other film, which was colorized, has commercially done well. However, Haqeeqat is a film that has a tremendous canvas behind it. It’s a big film. It is also a classic of its time and a film where actors performed very well. So it has lot of plus points going for it,” Ketan shared.

Ketan is also keen to show the colourised version of Haqeeqat to the aspiring generation. “I want the newer generation to see this kind of cinema because the caliber of acting, the kind of passion this film has, is somewhere missing from the current generation. I feel the younger generation should be more passionate about what they do and not just be technologically oriented or look for commercial gains because that will anyhow follow,” he observed.

Ketan’s idea of having a colourised version of Haqeeqat is to convert it into an experience. “I have been asked many a times as to why did I turn black and white film into a colour. Their contention was that it’s so beautiful in black and white, it has its own charm, it has its own format, it has its own creative side, black and white photography is incomparable. To which I only said that it was to bring a filmmaker’s passion to the new generation who are more colour-conscious and to make it into an experience.”