Administrator www.desirulez.net

Default Abhishek Kapoor to helm Rock On sequel too

Follow us on Social Media

Abhishek Kapoor, who shot to fame with his 2008 film Rock On, is back with the sequel of the film.

Confirming the sequel Kapoor said, “We are working on the script of Rock On 2 right now. It will have the same team with some new characters coming in. I am happy and excited about it, hopefully by next year the film will go on floors.”

Recalling how he initially wanted to cast leading Bollywood actors for the original film, Kapoor stated that nobody wanted to take up the project as it was a multi-starrer. “When I was doing Rock On I went to so many stars but nobody agreed to it because they didn't want to share screen space with so many actors.”

“For Arjun Rampal’s role, I approached many other actors because I didn't even know Arjun at that time to offer it to him." And even though Farhan was in the film, nobody thought that he would come out with flying colours. But when the film became a huge hit, it convinced me that stars don't determine the future of a film, the content does" Kapoor recounted.

The original film starred Farhan Akhtar, Arjun Rampal, Luke Kenny and Purab Kohli. The film marked Farhan's acting and singing debut and enjoyed immense popularity. It also won Arjun a National Award.