dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

Default About Kane (May 25 SD)

Follow us on Social Media

Episode 666.

I don't know about you guys but I really enjoyed this past week's SmackDown. Now, I'm a huge Kane fan, so I have good reason to have liked it. So, I'd like to discuss with you and get your opinions on a few aspects of this show and perhaps get a consensus on where the storyline is most likely going in regards to Kane. I'm longwinded, so bear with me and my anecdotes. Need a tl;dr?: I like Kane and think he's going to be a main event player on Raw and SD for the foreseeable future.

If you haven't watched SD yet, please do so, I think it will be worth your while. We'll be neck-deep in spoilers here, if you haven't seen the show yet, so be warned.

Let me first say that I'm kinda peeved that this happened at Wilkes-barre... because if I had known that I would have bought tickets and went there live. I missed a great show... I really enjoyed Kane's work on SD this week, total A+ grade stuff.

Now, being a huge Kane mark as I am, I'm particularly attuned to when Kane's pyro goes off. Gets my attention, you see. For instance, when he returned with the mask after that long hiatus, I was literally dozing during the Cena/Henry main event, sitting in front of the TV. The pyro went off for the first time in months, and I woke right up and jumped to my feet. Marked out just like everyone else did at the time. Great memories.

Anyhow, at the beginning of the show, I don't know about you guys but I didn't expect him to come out when he did. But by doing so, and being placed in the main event match, I believe that WWE are giving him another push.

Let's recap the main points of the SD main event.

-Staredown with Show on the way to the ring.
    Probably nothing, but with a couple of promos, has the potential to bring Kane into the John/Show picture. I believe this is the least likely to happen.

-Attacked by Bryan.
    The most likely of all, I believe, is a feud with Bryan. With rumors of a Cody Rhodes push to CM Punk and the WWE championship title picture, it frees up Bryan to feud with Kane. Remember masked kane's MO: show up, beat the hell out of everybody, set off some more pyro, then leave and go sulk somewhere. So, the rivalry may be more of a "let's interrupt everybody's matches" rather than "a series of competitive matchups leading to a final confrontation at the ppv".
    It also leaves me wondering about the train PPV promotional video with AJ and Bryan... You know, the one where she's tied up on the train tracks, and when Bryan goes to save her, he's the one getting run over. Is Kane represented by the train? If so, has AJ embraced the hate? If so, it reminds me of Lita. Or, going even further back, Tori. dR boi has a great thread here about a scenario along these lines which would be a pleasure to witness.

-Main event match.
    This main event match had World Heavyweight Championship #1 contender stipulations, and while del Rio is again the top contender, you can't really count anyone out of the PPV card whom has been in that caliber of match. Just look at last month before Over the Limit - del Rio was technically the #1 contender, but the match itself was a fatal four way. With the stipulations at No Way Out being movement restricting cages and the like, it is possible that we may see a hell in the cell match with three opponents, possibly one of which might be Kane.

Now, there are some other possibilities that have arisen in terms of storyline that are not necessarily highlighted during this past SmackDown. For instance, the suspension of Jericho leaves a void that has to be filled for thirty days, particularly in regards to Orton. Some have guessed that they will pull Kane back to the recent Orton feud, but it's my belief that Orton will be added to the WHC match at NWO. They've done a great job showing Sheamus and Orton being at each others' throats in recent weeks, and it would be a shame to waste that.

What's your take on this?