Results 1 to 8 of 8
Thread: You may be a Desi if...
05-31-2009, 04:21 PM #1
You may be a Desi if...1. You ask for small drink at fast food restaurant because the refill
2. You know more than one plan offered by long distance
3. You take plain water instead of Coke for lunch. (may also be
a health nut)
4. You take any drink with no ice because you can't drink ice.
5. You ask before eating any meat "Is this beef?".
6. You try to ignore all other unknown desi's around you.
7. You tell your friends about this wonderful opportunity, and invite
them to an Amway meeting
8. You know all the facilities available at public library.
9. You talk to americans as if you represent your whole country.
10. Your stove top in your apartment is covered with aluminum foil.
11. You frequent to yard sales every week.
12. You find taco bell sauce packets in your kitchen drawer.
13. Your dinner involves spreading newspaper on the living room floor.
14. You take off your shoes before stepping foot in your living room.
15. You like onion rings at Burger King.
16. You are looking for dual voltage appliances.
17. The phrase "When are you going to India" comes into your
conversation at least once a day.
18. You bought Toyota or Honda car only because it has better
19. The number of long distance calls is more than domestic calls.
20. You keep switching your internet service provider because the
first month is free.
21. You go back to your apartment for lunch.
22. Your full name contains more than 15 characters.
23. You know all the $1.50 theaters in your city.
24. The only reason you go to a temple on festivals is because there
is free food.
25. You have spent nights in the car while traveling because you
wanted to save money spent on cheap motel.
26. You don't know any American outside your work.
27. You tried to flirt with the Hindi speaking
operator at AT&T.
28. You have at least one India made pressure cooker in your kitchen.
29. You know how much a 7 layer burrito costs at Taco Bell.
30. You run to Laundromat in your lungi.
31. You put oil in your hair.
32. You have a picture of Indian deity on the dashboard of your car.
33. This thought comes to you "Oh shit I just saw another desi" when
you are window shopping at the mall.
34. You keep comparing prices at circuit city for the phone you bought
six months ago.
35. The lawyer handling your green card is in your speed dial.
36. You are compelled to visit ever major city in the US, just so as
to say that "Yes I have been there"
37. You are comfortable with an American than an ABCD.
38. You have been to Mexico or Canada for multiple entry H1 Visa.
39. You pay your bills the day they come in mail.
40. You spent 2 days cleaning your apartment before leaving so you can
get full security refund from landlord.
41. You have a bucket in your bath tub.
42. You have to borrow luggage from friends for an India visit.
43. The smoke detector goes off whenever you are cooking dinner.
44. You know which grocery store keeps coriander.
45. You buy butter milk before you run out of it.
46. You use grocery bags as garbage bags.
47. You say 'Damn I have already seen this show" whenever you are
watching Married With Children.
48. You buy rice in the 20 pound bags.
49. Office supplies mysteriously find their way into your house.
50. You don't want to buy a printer because you can always use the
51. You have postponed buying that answering machine because the
computer you are planning to buy six months later has a built
52. Your idea of fun involves bowling.
53. You starts spelling your name to the operator like A as in Apple,
B as in boy, T as in train...well you get the idea.
54. You ask another desi if he/she ever got a traffic ticket.
55. You haven't had a single female in your apartment besides your
56. You bring over the counter medicines like Iodex and Vicks from
57. You decide to marry a girl, your parents fixed without even
58. You know the current differential in gold prices between India and
59. You smell like a curry.
60. You go to a temple to pick up a women.
61. You have worked illegally in a Guju's motel.
62. You mark your forehead with scared ash.
63. You have a bought a video camera just before Niagara trip and
returned it after the trip.
64. You wear VIP/Indian brand underwear and undershirts.
65. You have Rin (detergent soap cake) in your bathroom.
66. You have taken pictures of your car and mailed it to your folks
67. You use the credit card with maximum cash back.
68. You have collected enough frequent flier miles for an
69. You are saving more that 30% of your salary.
70. You have never asked a girl out.
71. You've bookmarked immigration web pages in your browser.
72. You know your friends salaries!
73. You tried to talk in a phony accent with the freshie in the
74. You have asked a PhD student for a ride to grocery store.
75. There are more that 4 guys living in a 2 bedroom apartment.
76. You have cooking schedule in your kitchen cabinet.
77. You spend at least 2 evenings in a week at Kmart.
78. You split even the tax out of your common grocery bill.
79. You complain about Indian international airports on your first
vacation to India.
80. You take 4 week long vacation.
81. You are the first to know about any on campus job openings at
the school library/cafeteria/computer center.
05-31-2009, 05:09 PM #2◕яιєѕѕѕ✿╮Guest
lolllllll fnx for sharin ..
05-31-2009, 05:19 PM #3
05-31-2009, 10:51 PM #4
06-01-2009, 12:03 AM #5
06-03-2009, 04:22 AM #6
06-03-2009, 04:51 AM #7
06-03-2009, 05:51 AM #8
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
you prolly want to take out "MAYBE" from da thread title...
because its so TRU
TFS BTW!sorry dude .... Hash