Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Default CM Punk, Daniel Bryan- Following Austin's footsteps?

Follow us on Social Media

Before Austin's 3:16 speech, he was in limbo in WWF, until he did what he did. Next day, there were loads of Austin marks in the arena, and he later got the big push he deserves marketing his 3:16 slogan.

When CM Punk did his shoot months ago, it really seemed as if he was doing an Austin out there, especially considering he was wearing Austin's shirt and having a similiar way of a breakthrough like Austin had. He even had a corporate rebel gimmick after the shoot.

Then there was Bryan, who marketed his YES chants for a few months since his heel turn. He became an overnight star, just how Austin did. He also reminds me of Austin.

Will one of these two wrestlers actually have a chance to be the next Austin?

edit :- http://www.desirulez.net/showthread.php?t=554743

Senior Member www.desirulez.net

please kindly watch daniel bryan and cm punk old videos they are true "wrestlers" don't know what they are doing in wwe money yeah ! but daniel is better than punk he is probably the best "wrestler" of last decade !

dR Contributor www.desirulez.net

Comparing SCSA with punk n DB sad on part of u

Dont dare to do it
    LI8

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by I m Justice View Post
    Comparing SCSA with punk n DB sad on part of u

Dont dare to do it

I don't see it happen.

I honestly relate Orton more to SCSA. Perhaps its because the rko and the stunner are very similar moves.

Quote Originally Posted by dR boi View Post
    Before Austin's 3:16 speech, he was in limbo in WWF, until he did what he did. Next day, there were loads of Austin marks in the arena, and he later got the big push he deserves marketing his 3:16 slogan.

When CM Punk did his shoot months ago, it really seemed as if he was doing an Austin out there, especially considering he was wearing Austin's shirt and having a similiar way of a breakthrough like Austin had. He even had a corporate rebel gimmick after the shoot.

Then there was Bryan, who marketed his YES chants for a few months since his heel turn. He became an overnight star, just how Austin did. He also reminds me of Austin.

Will one of these two wrestlers actually have a chance to be the next Austin?

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    I honestly relate Orton more to SCSA. Perhaps its because the rko and the stunner are very similar moves.
    OP was refering to the sudden increase in popularity after a certain action in their careers and not the moveset, gimmick or something else.

--

dR boi is comparing a young Austin with the current Punk and current DB.Austin did not held any WWF/WWE titles yet back then, so any "omg how can you compare them?" are idiotic.

In my personal opinion, I don't think that just gaining sudden popularity will make them as big as SCSA, as it's still the responsibility of WWE creatives to build and push the characters.
    CM Punk is already on the doorstep to be an own brand, but Bryan needs way more time. He's just recently arrived in the WWE and they've seriously ****ed up the start. It's getting better nowadays but it's gonna need some time until hes legitimately ready for the WWE title.

The only reason we got SCSA is because the WWE was losing the monday night wars.

If WWE was in the same situation today, Cena would have turned heel and the Summer of Punk would have turned him into a superstar.

Bryan would also be smashed over with the YES! phenomenon. The comparison between Bryan and Austin is valid, a heel who became one of the most popular wrestlers overnight. The post WM raw was basically a tribute to Bryan from the fans.

Despite Austin's talent, Stunning Steve Austin in WCW wasn't that great, and he was released without much fanfare. What got Austin over was the Attitude era, creative has to push you correctly if you want to be a star.

Punks' 3:16 moment was the shoot promo, and Bryan's was the WM loss. Creative butchered Punk and they're not going out of their way to put Bryan over. Austin was smashed over like no one before him.

Today, the WWE has no competition and is more concerned about selling Cena T-Shirts rather than building names.

And just for the record, Bryan's much better in the ring than Austin ever was.