Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: ..Facial Masks..
05-26-2009, 05:50 PM #1
What is Mask?
The purpose of a facial mask is to improve skin and outlook of the face, depending on the type of skin as following:
- To absorb oil
- To moisturize dry skin
- To replenish dull skin
Face mask is very nourishing. After applying a facial mask, you will feel fresh and people will notice your much younger looking face.
Tips for using facial masks
1. Always test the mask, particularly if you have a sensitive skin. Apply a small amount behind your ear or inside of the elbow, wait for at least 30 minutes, then wash off. If there is no adverse reaction in the next 24 hours, then only apply the mask on your face.
2. Rinse mask thoroughly with warm water followed with cold water.
3. Don't apply masks more than twice a week.
4. When applying a face mask, you should try to avoid area around your eyes and lips.
5. Vary the ingredients to see their effects on your skin.
6. If you have combination skin, you may apply a mud mask only over the T-zone, i.e. the center of cheeks, nose, center of forehead. and chin.
How to use your facial Mask
1. Take a small amount of the mask on the tips of your fingers and apply it over your face and neck using a circular motion of your fingers. Start with your chin, move upwards and then outwards.
2. Spread a thin and even coating.
3. Leave mask to dry for at least 30 minutes. Do not use a dryer to dry it. Let it for air dry. You will feel as if your skin has tightened when the mask is dry.
4. Splash water on your face and give gentle massage strokes on your face to remove the mask.
5. Gel mask: Peel off from the forehead moving down.
6. Mud mask: Dip a cloth in hot water and use it to remove the mask slowly. Pat face dry with a towel.
7. Moisturizing or replenishing mask: Wipe off with a soft tissue paper.
The main ingredients and their benefits of different beauty recipes are given below.
1. Aloe gel: remedy for burns.
2. Avocado: good source of vitamin E and natural oils, natural moisturizer.
3. Coconut Milk: for smooth skin.
4. Cucumber: for dark circles under eyes and wrinkles, under-eye puffiness.
5. Egg: skin conditioner, egg white for normal and oily skin, yolks for dry skin
6. Fenugreek seeds (dana methi): for skin scrub, if taken internally purifies blood.
7. Honey: for wrinkles, skin pores and lose skin, a natural astringent, natural moisturizer.
8. Milk: for skin nourishment.
9. Nuts: used in scrubs for wrinkles, skin pores and blackheads.
10. Oatmeal: for smooth skin, improves complexion
11. Olive oil: good for dry skin.
12. Oranges, Lemons, Pineapple: natural astringents, improves complexion, soften the skin, skin bleach.
13. Tomato: opening the skin pores.
14. Vinegar: for blemishes, itchy skin, and sunburn, softens skin
15. Yogurt: softens and hydrates the skin, skin cleanser, skin bleach.
16. Witch Hazel: body eodorant, for eye puffiness.
Last edited by °•ღ(Bαвy Gυяℓ)ღ•°; 05-26-2009 at 05:52 PM.
05-29-2009, 03:46 AM #2