Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default Chandragupta Maurya will be back, but not with Ashish Sharma in the lead

Follow us on Social Media

Sagar Arts and 72 Degree Northe’s Chandragupta Maurya coming back on Sony Entertainment Television after it went off air abruptly with Imagine TV shutting down. Yes, it is definitely good news for the fans of the show. But here’s a twist? Its lead, Ashish Sharma, has opted out of it. He will no longer flex his muscles and swirl the sword as Chandragupta Maurya.

“I am not doing Chandragupta Maurya (CGM) though I wanted it to come back on another channel after Imagine TV went off air. But then I had a lot of pending work to do while I was doing CGM and hence as soon as the show went off air I got busy setting my company Smoking Carrots”, says Ashish.

The actor is currently working on two short films which will be shot in Rajasthan. “Now that the windows have opened for me I would like to do what I always wanted to do. Though CGM has been very important to me and it was amazing to see 90,000 people filing a petition for its return, I won’t be a part of it.”
    ...being a human...