www.desirulez.netwww.desirulez.net

Default Rakhi Sawant to play Vidya Balan in 'Dirty Picture' remake

Follow us on Social Media

The blockbuster movie of 2011, "The Dirty Picture" directed by Milan Luthria filled the coffers of the box office. This film was based on the life of the late actress Silk Smitha. Vidya Balan donned the role of Silk Smitha. Vidya Balan had acted in some obscene scenes. This erupted some problems among some activists who filed cases in the court asking to ban this film. But this film was released midst all these hurdles. When the film was released Vidya Balan was heaped with laurels. Vidya Balan got the National Award for her stupendous acting in this film.

Now the buzz is that the movie which had raised the demand of Vidya Balan among the youngsters will be remade in Bengali. As per the information, Rakhi Sawant has been signed for a lead role in a Bengali version of The Dirty Picture.

When contacted Rakhi said “Vidya Balan hasn’t done anything in "The Dirty Picture". I will do better and hotter scenes in the Bengali remake. Even Vidya will be surprised after seeing my character. I will be better than her. The sari is meant to be taken off in films, not worn. Films become a hit because of this, not because of stars.”

"I got the role because of an item song I recently did in the Bengali movie titled Om Shanti. The song is very popular in Bengal right now added Rakhi".

The remake will be directed by Shatabdi Roy, a member of Parliament. Shatabdi Roy is obviously a filmmaker with a lot of imagination. Not only is he ambitious enough to consider a Bengali remake of the Bollywood hit The Dirty Picture, but Shatabdi actually has the gumption to consider Rakhi Sawant for Vidya Balan’s award-winning role. Apart from Rakhi Sawant and the director, nothing has been finalized for the movie.

Tapas Paul, who is a Member of Parliament and a former actor, is producing the film. Tapas says, “We met Rakhi in Delhi recently and liked her item song in Om Shanti. Although we are 100 per cent sure about Rakhi playing the lead, negotiations are on for the male lead. Since The Dirty Picture can’t be completely remade, we have decided to make the Bengali version more like a sequel.”