Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Default Was the Attitude Era really that good??

Follow us on Social Media

I know the attitude Era is always discussed in Wrestling topics but I had to discuss and post this thread. I started watching and concentrating on Wrestling in 2002 meaning I just missed out on the attitude era. I hear it's the most successful and most entertaining era but I've recently read a couple of posts on here and most seem to suggest that Attitude Era wasn't that special.

I have read that some storylines/segments/moments sucked like Big Bossman - Al Snow, Mae young giving birth to hand, Chyna beating Y2J, Celebrities entering RR and inducted in HOF, DDP the pervert storyling the Invasion angle (I still don't know why people say this failed) and more. I have also read on here that attitude era was just known for it's entertainment and storylines, not the wrestling.

So my question is, was the attitude era really that good as people say or is it just over rated?

edit :- http://www.desirulez.net/showthread.php?t=554743

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

Storylinewise , it was epic, wrestling wise, it wasn't that good

Member www.desirulez.net

if you haven't watched the Attitude Era , then u haven't ever watched wrestling .
    The attitude era was that magical , you can say , everything was possible to happen ..
    plus , if it the attitude era wasn't about wrestlin , then we have never watched a solid wrestling match ..
    If you think that the 5 moves of cena have any relationship with wrestling , then u've never witnessed what wrestling is all about.
    the attitude era was that special because the WWF (back then) was in competition with the WCW , so they had to made it TV-14 , and as I said before , anythin could happen in that time ..
    good times .....

The attitude era wasn't that special because it was a rip-off of ECW. Do yourself a favor and go back and watch the original ECW. That was some great entertainment.

Why the attitude era was good was because the characters had more depth to them. There would be no Stone Cold in today's WWE. The Summer Of Punk wouldn't have fizzled out like it did either.

dR Wrestlers www.desirulez.net

Let's see...

Attitude Era had "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, The Rock, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, Mick Foley, Triple H, Chris Jericho all in their primes

vs.

Right now: John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger

Winner: Attitude Era

When it came to ratings...

Attitude Era: 5's, 6's and some times 7's

Right now: 3's

There is no debate here.

Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Quote Originally Posted by Metallica View Post
    if you haven't watched the Attitude Era , then u haven't ever watched wrestling .
    The attitude era was that magical , you can say , everything was possible to happen ..
    plus , if it the attitude era wasn't about wrestlin , then we have never watched a solid wrestling match ..
    If you think that the 5 moves of cena have any relationship with wrestling , then u've never witnessed what wrestling is all about.
    the attitude era was that special because the WWF (back then) was in competition with the WCW , so they had to made it TV-14 , and as I said before , anythin could happen in that time ..
    good times .....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr:Awesome View Post
    Let's see...

Attitude Era had "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, The Rock, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, Mick Foley, Triple H, Chris Jericho all in their primes

vs.

When it came to ratings...

Attitude Era: 5's, 6's and some times 7's

Right now: 3's

There is no debate here.
    Before I say anything, I think everyone that is actually comparing the Attitude Era to the PG Era needs to read the topic. This isn't about which one is better he's actually asking if it was actually good.

The answer is yes and no.

Yes it was entertaining.

No. Because not only did it completely alienate the older Federation fans, but it left some very long term negative effects too.

While I did enjoy everything that era had to offer, I also hated it because fans from that era won't stop complaining and whining about it.

Look at the talent in FCW.

We'll have John Cena, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Christian, Dolph Ziggler, ADR, Miz, Brodus Clay, Dean Ambrose, Kassius Ohno, Antonio Cesar, Seth Rollins, Brodie Lee all in their prime.

That's a better roster.

dR Contributor www.desirulez.net

Attitude era==iMPACT OFN that is the best

dR Force!!! www.desirulez.net

Let's see...

Most of these guys have been a regular part of pg era too.......

vs.

You left out more important charcters of Pg Era like Edge, Christian, D.Brayan, Mark Henry etc

It's Clobberin Time

dR Force!!! www.desirulez.net

I won't say it was better than PG Era but it was good.....

In fact both PG and Attitude era are good in their own ways.....

It's Clobberin Time