Runner Up - Admins Awards www.desirulez.net

Default Narayani Shastri is a "selfish actor" who just sees her "character’s graph"

Follow us on Social Media

Narayani Shastri, who is back to fiction genre on TV after a gap of two years with Zee TV‘s Phir Subah Hogi, does not like her return to be tagged as a “comeback”, “for she was always around doing non-fiction shows like a contestant on Zor Ka Jhatka and two sporadic episodes of Meethi Choori No 1.”

Narayani shares with Tellychakkar.com, “As for my absence from fiction, I was not comfortable with the kind of shows, which were being made then. I was not afraid of losing visibility as I am not a very ambitious person. Having said that, the kind of response I got during the break on Twitter requesting me to get back to acting was heartwarming. I could not have asked for anything more.”

Coming to Phir Subah Hogi, Narayani says that the production house (Panglosean Entertainment) takes good care of her. So does this talented dancer (she showed some impressive moves in Zara Nachke Dikha) prepare or rehearse for her dancing scenes? “No, the medium does not offer so much latitude. I just do my rehearsals and then the final take.”

Furthermore, she has no qualms playing the role of an 18 year-old girl’s mother, “I am just essaying a character. May be Gulabia (my character name) got pregnant early in life and had I been in her case (real life), even I would have had a child of 15 years. This is at least much better than my earlier role in Kkusum, where I had played the mother to Akashdeep Saigal (Sky), which was ridiculous as nothing made sense. But then that was a trend. If there was something I could change about the TV industry, it would be this “me too” syndrome.”

She also does not worry about the fact whether this show about zamindari oppression of a particular dancing tribe in Bundelkhand will appeal to all sections of the audience or not, “I am a selfish actor who just sees my character’s graph and how she fits in the overall scheme of things, though I also believe that a nice story told aptly always finds its audience.”
    ...being a human...