www.desirulez.netwww.desirulez.net

Default Aamir escapes unhurt in stage collapse at Varanasi wedding

Follow us on Social Media

Bollywood Superstar Aamir Khan kept his promise to his friend and auto-rickshaw driver Ram Lakhan whom he met while promoting his 2009 hit 3 Idiots by attending the wedding of his son in Varanasi amid much chaos. Dressed in blue denim and white shirt, the 47-year-old actor reached the wedding venue at Mehmurganj's Chaurasiya marriage hall post midnight.

After the superstar arrived at the venue, amidst the heavy crowd and chaos, the bouncers and police tried to keep the crowd in control, but overcrowding at the venue collapsed the stage decorated for bride and groom.

Aamir who entered the marriage hall amidst utter chaos blessed the bride and groom, then headed towards left end of the stage to meet the media persons. However, before he could say anything, the staged collapsed due to overcrowding. Later, the actor climbed on a table and appealed the people to let the wedding take place peacefully. Nobody sustained any injury in the incident.

Aamir, who stayed at the venue for nearly half an hour, said Varanasi has got a special place in his heart as his mother was born here.

"Varanasi is my mother's birthplace. The place is dear to me and I share a special relationship with it," the actor said.