Kal Ho Na Ho www.desirulez.net

Default Kunal Khemu: Doing 99 was an instinctive decision

Follow us on Social Media

99 has released and for those looking for an unconventional masala fare, the film has clicked in a big way. The collections, which were on a lower end on Friday, have also shown a constant jump day after day, hence raising the hopes for the film to break even at the least. No wonder, its lead hero Kunal Khemu is ecstatic.

''Honestly, working on 99 was more of an instinctive decision'', says Kunal when questioned if he was ever in doubt about 99 considering it's directors Raj Nidimoru and Krishna D.K. had done only one offbeat film - FLAVORS - earlier, ''I had also seen their award winning film SHOR and had really liked it. So when I read the script of 99, I knew that these guys had it in them to tell a story interestingly.''

CHECK OUT: 99-A Guy Ritchie film served on a desi platter

While he was excited about the written material of 99, he is also happy with the way the film has turned out on screen.

Says Kunal, ''I had liked their vision and on the sets, I could see day after day that they were living up their vision. People ask me how I had so much confidence in them even though 99 was their first mainstream movie. Well, the fact is that at one point even I was new. Everyone needs to have a start and 99 was the start of Raj and D.K. I had no reason not to do this movie.''

One now looks forward to how the film does in weeks to come, considering the draught is still on at the box office. The stage is wide open for 99 since coming Friday would see fringe releases like DETECTIVE NAANI, AISHWARYA and YEH PAL HO NA HO KAL, none of which are expected to do any wonders at the box office. Now is the time for word of mouth to catch up for 99 and take it past the century mark.