www.desirulez.netwww.desirulez.net

Default Arjun Rampal to play Sher Khan in 'Zanjeer' remake

Follow us on Social Media

After staying away from films for a while, director Apoorva Lakhia is back to business and he is currently making his fourth Bollywood directorial venture by re-making Prakash Mehra’s 1973 blockbuster Zanjeer. As it is known to all, South star Ram Charan is going to do Amitabh’s role in Zanjeer.

Now the latest news is that Arjun Rampal has been roped in to play the role of Sher Khan in Zanjeer remake. Earlier there were reports that Sonu Sood was being considered for the role of Sher Khan in Apoorva Lakhia’s remake of Zanjeer. There were also reports of Sanjay Dutt essaying the crook with a golden heart, a role immortalised by veteran actor Pran in late Prakash Mehra’s 1973 blockbuster Zanjeer. Finally, it’s Arjun Rampal who has bagged the coveted role.

Rampal confirmed the news and said, “It’s a Zanjeer based in today’s times. So my look doesn’t necessarily need to be exactly like Pran saab in the original. Apoorva and I have a few ideas on my get up. We have discussed them and will shortly zero down on the final look.”

Added Rampal, “I have seen the original Zanjeer thrice and will soon see it again. I start shooting for Apoorva’s film very soon.”

Lakhia too confirmed the news and said that Arjun’s look and physique made him the perfect choice for the role. The director had earlier worked with him in ‘Ek Ajnabee’ and is a close friend.

The remake will be produced by Reliance Entertainment, Adai Mehra Productions and Flying Turtles. The other actors who are part of the remake are Ram Charan Teja (Amitabh Bachchan’s character), most likely Priyanka Chopra (Jaya Bachchan’s character), Prakash Raj (Ajit’s character) and Mahie Gill (Helen’s character).

The original ‘Zanjeer’ was released in the early ‘70s and starred Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan and Pran. It was an iconic role which catapulted Amitabh into the top league.