www.desirulez.netwww.desirulez.net

Default Virkam Sandhu denies making biopic on Divya Bharti

Follow us on Social Media

Recently, speculations were rife that first time director-producer Vikram Sandhu is making a biopic on the life and circumstances revolving around the tragic death of the 90s star Divya Bharti who died at the young age of 19.

But Vikram Sandhu says his debut movie 'Dream' is not inspired by the life of late Bollywood actress Divya Bharti. Divya Bharti who charmed millions with her smile and innocent face became overnight star but she died an unnatural death in 1993. Her death is still a mystery.

"I am not directly saying that I am making a film on Divya Bharti. It is about a young actress who came in the film industry. She was here for some time, created stir, achieved fame, won everyone's heart," Sandhu told PTI.

"There are lots of things that happen in the life of a heroine. My film is based on a young girl who becomes star overnight and her journey in filmdom. It is not based on anyone. I have created a fictitious character," he said.

Ask him if the heroine of her film, dies in the end, Sandhu says, "I will show that in film, I don't want to disclose anything now."

Though Sandhu refrained from saying that his film is based on the life of Divya, but it seems it is aptly about her.

Divya Bharti started her career in the film industry, with a Telugu film -- 'Bobbili Raja' (1990). After several hit films down South, Divya entered Bollywood with 'Vishwatma' (1992). This film did well at the box office and also her performance in the song ?Saat Samundar Paar? won accolades.

She appeared in a dozen films between 1992 and 1993, giving several hits like 'Shola Aur Shabnam', 'Jaan Se Pyaara', 'Deewana', 'Balwaan' and others.

The film would be made under the banner of Angel Film Creatives.