www.desirulez.netwww.desirulez.net

Default Shahrukh to play Dhyan Chand in lifetime biopic

Follow us on Social Media

Picking up a biopic & making a movie on it seems to be the new safe game picked up by Bollywood. After the humungous success of ‘Paan Singh Tomar’ and the much awaited ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ based on real life Indian athletes Paan Singh Tomar and Milkha Singh respectively, a film on hockey icon Dhyan Chand is in the pipeline.

Buzz has it Shahrukh Khan who played the role of a hockey coach for a girl's team in "Chak De India" is likely to portray Dhyan Chand’s character in one such film. Dhyan Chand was the hockey captain of team India and was phenomenal in achieving several Olympic gold medals for the country. This biopic will be like be a tribute to Indian hockey legend who brought pride to India.

Talking to a daily SRK confirmed, “Yes, I have been approached for a movie based on the legendary Dhyan Chandji’s life. Hockey, as a sport, isn’t new to me since I have been an athlete throughout my school and college life, and I’ve especially played a lot of hockey.”

Many might not know that SRK, during his school days at St Columba’s, Delhi, captained the football and hockey teams besides playing cricket at the zonal and national levels.

However, the details of Shahrukh’s project are still under the wraps, while a couple of other biopics on Dhyan Chand are already underway.

Sources claim that Dhyan Chand’s son Ashok Kumar has been approached by Manmohan Shetty of Walkwater Media and actor-director Satyajeet Puri regarding films on the hockey wizard’s life.