www.desirulez.mewww.desirulez.net

Default Madhur gets SC breather in Preeti Jain rape case

Follow us on Social Media

It is known news that the hard hitting director Madhur Bhandarkar has been going through a legal issue due to model Preeti Jain's accusations. Now, it is heard that he got a respite of sorts as the Supreme Court on Monday has stayed criminal proceedings against film producer-director Madhur Bhandarkar in an alleged rape case.

While staying the proceedings, an apex court bench of Justice H.L. Dattu and Justice C. K. Prasad issued notice to the Maharashtra government and Jain on Bhandarkar’s plea seeking that the case against him be quashed.

Madhur had challenged the Bombay High Court order asking him to face trial in the alleged rape case.

In July 2004, Pretti Jain, living in Malad suburb of north Mumbai, created a sensation after she accused the national award winning director of rape on the pretext of giving her a lead role in his film. Pretti alleged that she slept with Mr Bhandarkar from 1999-2004 as he promised her a role in his films and marriage.

Even though the Mumbai police in its report had said that the allegations against Bhandarkar were ‘maliciously false’, the Mumbai metropolitan court in September last year did not accept it and held that there was substance in Jain’s complaint, and issued process against Bhandarkar, directing him to face the trial.

Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar says he is relived after the Supreme Court stayed the criminal proceedings against him.

"I am speechless and overwhelmed with the kind of relief I got from the trauma me and my family has been going through from last eight years," Bhandarkar told Times Now after the verdict was announced.

Madhur Bhandarkar is credited with making sensitive, critically acclaimed and box-office hit films like Chandni Bar, Page 3, Traffic Signal, Corporate and Fashion, among others.