www.desirulez.netwww.desirulez.net

Default Madhuri to be honoured by Lata Mangeshkar on April 24

Follow us on Social Media

April 24th is going to be a special day for the Bollywood folks and especially the fans of Lata Mangeshkar and Madhuri Dixit. Every year, on April 24, Legendary playback singer Lata Mangeshkar honors personalities from the field of arts and services in the honor of her late father Pandit Dinanath Mangeshkar.

And this year, the award will be given to Madhuri Dixit for her outstanding contribution in Indian cinema.

Madhuri Dixit who is just back for good in Mumbai after a lengthy residency in the US, and has always been self-proclaimed Lata Mangeshkar fan. The highlight of her career, says Dixit, was when Lataji sang Didi tere devar deewana and other memorabilia for the actress in the film Hum Aapke Hain Koun.

About honoring Madhuri Dixit, Lata Mangeshkar says, “Madhuri is a very fine actress and one of the most beautiful and graceful dancers of our cinema. I always like watching her on screen. ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun’ and ‘Devdas’ are my favourites. Whenever we meet we chatter in Marathi.”

The function would be the second public appearance for Lata Mangeshkar in just a span of a month. Some days back, the great singer attended Mukesh Ambani’s party which was held in honor of Sachin Tendulkar.

“The function in my father’s memory is something our family and I don’t miss any year. This year I am just a little worried about the heat which is grown unbearable. As for the other function, for Sachin Tendulkar… how could I miss that? Sachin is like my son. He calls me Maa. Mukesh’s wife Neeta requested me to be there,” told Lata about the functions.

Incidentally, Lata has rendered her voice for many chartbusters of Madhuri such as films like Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, Devdas etc.