www.desirulez.netwww.desirulez.net

Default Charu Khandal's health condition worsens

Follow us on Social Media

'Ra.One’ animator Charu Khandal who underwent surgery at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani hospital in Mumba is said to be critical.

The 28-year-old animator working for Shah Rukh Khan's production house Red Chillies, met with an accident on March 25 when a speeding car, with an allegedly drunk driver at the wheel, rammed into the autorickshaw in which she was travelling with her sister and a friend.

She injured with several fractures on cervical vertebrae 3rd, 4th and 5th that stabilized with rods and screws. Her spinal cord has also injured and from the past three days, she was given steroids intravenously to reduce the swelling in the spine, report to be said. The operation was conducted to remove blockage in her neck.

Manoj Gautam, who was behind the wheels was arrested for rash driving but soon released on bail.

Depressed Charu’s father said, "Iam not sure whether my daughter will survive. All I wanted to say is that I am not happy that the driver has been given bail".

"I am sure about the driver that he was drunk," said eyewitness Abhishek Deyy.

Concurs Charu's sister, "After this decision anybody can drink and drive and then pay Rs 5000 to get out of the situation," she told NDTV.

"Charu's condition is very critical...she has broken her survical bone. The doctors are waiting for a couple of days to let her be stable, to be able to operate her. She's a strong girl. And we're hopeful," says Charu's fiance Sagar Thakkar, who looked visibly upset.

Shahrukh Khan visited Charu Khandal on March 28th and promised all moral and financial help. The hospital expenses are likely to go up to 11-12 Lakhs or higher. Shahrukh Khan said that somebody from his company Red Chillies will contact them for the same.

Charu Khandal is the sole earning member of her family. Her father is a teacher and all her three siblings are still studying.