www.desirulez.netwww.desirulez.net

Default Madhur Bhandarkar to face trail in Preeti Jain rape case

Follow us on Social Media

Spelling fresh trouble for National Award-winning film director Madhur Bhandarkar who is busy directing Kareena in his much anticipated film "Herione" the Bombay High court has directed him to face trial in the rape case filed by actress Preeti Jain.

The Bombay High Court on March 22, 2012 rejected Madhurís plea to stay the process against him in a Mumbai metropolitan court in the rape case. Jainís lawyer S Kunjuraman told the reporters that Justice R.C Chavan refused to stay the trial against Bhandarkar on Thursday and stated that he will now have to face a criminal trial.

"Bhandarkar has tried his level best to buy time by approaching various courts and filing several pleas. But now he has exhausted all his tricks and will have to face trial," he added.

In 2004 July, upcoming model Preeti Jain lodged a complaint against Madhur Bhandarkar accusing him of raping her several times between 1999 and 2004 under the pretext of marrying her and promising her to cast her in his movies.

Pretti alleged that she slept with Bhandarkar from 1999-2004 as he promised her a role in his films and marriage.

In a statement later, Pretti alleged: ďWe had sex 16 times and Madhur made promises of giving me a lead role in his films. However, he didnít offer me a lead role in any of his movies. At times when I refused, he raped me.Ē

In September 2005, Pretti was arrested after she reportedly hired a contract killer for Rs.70,000 to murder Bhandarkar.

Later in the year 2011, a Mumbai metropolitan court found some evidence in Jainís complaint after which they directed the film maker to face a trial.

In November last year, the filmmaker was granted anticipatory bail.