www.desirulez.netwww.desirulez.net

Default Amitabh-Jaya pairing up for a romantic treat

Follow us on Social Media

It has been a long time since we saw Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan together on screen. It was in the film Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham legend Amitabh Bachchan was seen with his wife Jaya Bachchan onscreen. Now, after a long gap, Bollywood's golden couple Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan are finally back together on screen as couple. The man to make this happen is Shoojit Sircar.

Shoojit Sircar, who made the unreleased ‘Johnny Mastana’ with Big B three years ago, is all set to reunite Mr and Mrs B in what the director describes as “a retrospection of a marriage in the closing years of a couple’s life when they’re certain that one of them would go before the other. After spending 35 years together, how does one-half of the marital pair prepare to face a spouse-less existence?”

Sircar has described his venture as an intensely romantic film about an aged couple. “True love doesn’t diminish over the years. It just turns into a different shade of emotion than what it was earlier. I want to explore the unconditional love of a couple who have devoted their lives to one another,” Sircar has been quoted in a report.

With the script ready, Sircar has been regularly visiting the Bachchans’ residence to firm up the project. “Mr Bachchan and I spent two years of our lives working on ‘Johnny Mastana’. It’s unfortunate that the film is still unreleased. I still say it’s one of Mr Bachchan’s best works till date. My next film with him would be even better,” Sircar said.

Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan had acted in several memorable films in the 70s including classics like ‘Zanjeer’ ‘Sholay’ and ‘Abhimaan’.