www.desirulez.mewww.desirulez.net

Default Lakshmi Manchu turns Samantha's mother

Follow us on Social Media

Maverick Director Mani Ratnam is directing and producing a love story with Tamil hero Karthik Son Gautham and Samantha. Shooting is progressing at brisk pace in and around Chennai. Kadal is the Tamil version title and Kadali is Telugu version title. Kadal movie expected to release in November 2012.

Earlier we reported that Lakshmi Manchu is a doing one key role in this movie. Now the news is that Lakshmi is said to be portraying the role of Samantha’s mother in this Maniratnam flick. Paired alongside action hero and talented Arjun, both the couple are playing a strict middle class parents, say sources. She will be seen speaking in the Tirunelveli dialect. The movie features Gautham, Samantha, Arvind Swamy, and Arjun Sarja in the key roles.

Lakshmi Manchu is very excited to be part of this movie. She said that she grew up watching Mani Ratnam’s films. Especially, the director’sGithanjali had impressed her a lot. However, when she got a call from the filmmaker’s office, the actress was thrilled and at the same time she was nervous. But Mani made her comfortable after narrating the story.

That apart, Lakshmi Manchu has got quite a lot on her plate now, there’s her Bollywood release “Department”, Tamil debut with Mani Ratnam’s “Kadal”, and “Oo Kodathara Ulikki Padathara” that she is also producing. Ask her how she manages to juggle all of this, and she’s quick to respond, “I think I operate best when I have so much to do back-to-back. I always have a lot on my hands” .