by
    DUBS

* View Profile
    * View Forum Posts
    * Private Message
    * View Blog Entries
    * View Articles

, Yesterday at 06:46 PM (1163 Views)

Hello blog readers! The title of the blog says it all really. I want to talk about John Cena and also my thoughts on his character! I'm going to give my honest opinion like always so here we go!

John Cena

John Cena, WWE posterboy, the leader of WWE's current era, and the man that has been the top WWE Superstar for 10 years. Hes a 12th time World Champion, a 4 time WWE Tag Team Champion, and a 3 time United States Champion. Hes been loved by many and hated by others. Hes been in great feuds with Edge, Randy Orton, Batista, and CM Punk to name a few. Cena is currently in a feud with The Rock as they look to have a generation vs generation type match at Wrestlemania 28. Hes proven time after time that he can wrestle. Speaking of which, that's going to be my first topic I wanna touch on.

Cena's in-ring work
    A lot of people say that Cena is a bad wrestler. They say that he has the 5 moves of doom (Mind you, he knows more than 5 moves but I digress) sequence.They also say that he has to be carried by other great performers to have a great match and I really disagree with that. I know people may not like Cena's style of wrestling but to say Cena has to be carried to a great match is incredibly false. John Cena knows how to work a match just as the next wrestler. He knows how to tell a story in a match and knows how to work a crowd better than anyone else on the roster whether hes getting booed or cheered for. Its not easy to get the crowd emotionally invested in a match but Cena makes it look like a piece of cake. I don't know how anybody can carry another wrestler to a match anyways if two wrestlers are both doing their parts in a match and they are both taking bumps. Its one of those sayings that doesn't make sense to me in the slightest. Cena may not be a "technical" wrestler nor does he have to be but hes one of the best in-ring workers in the WWE IMO.

Cena's promo cutting skills
    I hear some people saying how John Cena's mic skills aren't that great and how The Rock needs to put Cena over to make Cena look good in terms of promo cutting and I do not agree with that at all. John Cena's promo cutting skills are top notch. His promos may be be a little cheesy sometimes but Cena has a unique way of getting the crowd to care about what hes saying whether they are booing him and cheering him. Cena knows how to cut promos straight from the heart. Hes now breaking kayfabe and cutting serious promos which is a plus for me.

Cena's character
    People say they are sick of Cena's SuperCena persona and how he needs to refresh his character but the thing people fail to realize is, he HAS freshened up his character. Cena is now breaking kayfabe, becoming more edgy in his promos, and using his motto, "Rise Above Hate" as an indirect response to the people that boo him. Cena never used to break kayfabe in his promos, nor has WWE used Cena's critics as part of a storyline like they did with Cena vs Kane. I just don't understand how anyone can't see how Cena's character has freshened up.

Pet peeve with Cena
    I'm a fan of Cena but I do have pet peeves with his character. Honestly, I think he needs to lose cleanly a little more often. Like at Money in the Bank, CM Punk beat John Cena due to Cena being distracted. I thought Cena should have been beat cleanly by CM Punk. Cena losing cleanly won't hurt him character wise so I do not understand why WWE doesn't make him lose cleanly more often. Another pet peeve of mine is how he talks about having respect for The Rock. I would like to hear more of Cena bashing The Rock instead of talking about having respect for him to be honest.

Overall, I'm a big fan of Cena and I believe hes bringing his A game in his feud with The Rock. I'm a fan of BOTH guys and I believe they will have the best match of the night on the Wrestlemania 28 card, no question about it. Thanks for reading my blog guys! I expect positive and negative feedback from this!