www.desirulez.netwww.desirulez.net

Default Vidya Balan's long cherished dream has come true

Follow us on Social Media

Actress Vidya Balan bagged the award of best actress for the film 'The Dirty Picture' produced by Ekta Kapoor, which is all about the southern sex siren Silk Smitha. The government of India has declared best actress to Vidya for a riveting performance in the role of Silk Smitha, the estranged vamp of South Cinema, Vidya was the numero-uno choice for the award, say analysts.

Actress Vidya Balan, who was declared the best actress at the 59th National Awards Wednesday, said she is still trying to believe that she has won the prestigious trophy.

Vidya said, "I want to believe it..long cherished dream has come true.... my first...I don't know what to say....I want to thank director Milan Luthira for giving me this film. This is really unbelievable...It is the biggest honour of the ocuntry...it is very speical...every award is special." she added, "As the role is concerned, it really required mentally to be totally uninhibited...the film's success has opened a lot of opportunities especially the kind of roles for the female actors. It is very nice to see that the line between so called meaningful cinema and commercial has blurred."

In the film 'The Dirty Picture', directed by Milan Luthria, red-hot Vidya Balan added dignity and vulnerability to the role of vamp with her erotic expressions and limitless skin show. More than the vulgarity in her attire, a strong dose of message to the people especially for girls obsessed with stardom, played a crucial role in the success of this picture.

The movie also won Best Costume Award for designer Niharika Khan and Best Makeup Award for Vijram Gaekwad.