Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Default Vidya Balan was reluctant to star in 'Kahaani'

Follow us on Social Media

\

After playing a siren in The Dirty Picture last year, Vidya Balan plays a pregnant wife in search of her missing husband in Kahaani. Based on the story by Advaita Kala, the movie is supposed to be a thriller based on a pregnant woman's search for her husband in Kolkata during the Durga Puja festival.

Vidya Balan is busy with promotional activities of her upcoming movie Kahaani, which is slated to release on 9th March. But it was not easy for director Sujoy Ghosh to convince Vidya to do his film and he had to rewrite the whole script to get her on the board.

So, what exactly made Vidya to sign the film?

Vidya replies, “Initially Sujoy came to me with the script which I didn’t want to do. So, I told him we’ll work on something else. But he was firm and said I will keep coming to you till you say yes. I’ll keep bringing ideas for you. I thought Sujoy will never come back but to my surprise he actually came back with an altogether different script. And this time I was really interested in doing it as it was a story of a young woman on her way to become a mother.”

Talking more about her role and the film, she said, “When he(Sujoy) came to me with Kahaani, I loved it. It is an unimaginable story. How do you reconcile to the fact that someone who is so close to you has gone missing? You don’t know the whereabouts and suddenly people around you are saying there is no such person. Then you begin to question a whole lot of things, but you know that this person is there because you are carrying the biggest proof of his existence, his baby. I found it very interesting and that’s how I gave my nod to Sujoy.”

After 'Kahaani's release, Balan will start shooting for Rajkumar Gupta’s comedy film ‘Ghanchakkar’ in which she is working with her ‘The Dirty Picture’ co-star Emraan Hashmi.

edit :- http://www.desirulez.net/showthread.php?t=554743