Hot Member www.desirulez.net

Default Mahie Gill desires to star in Romantic films

Follow us on Social Media

Mahie Gill desires to star in Romantic films
    Mahie Gill who started her career with Punjabi flicks like 'Mitti Wajaan Maardi', 'Chak De Phatte' and 'Hawayein' came into the lime light after Anurag Kashyap's 'Dev D', a film which initiated a new cult following. Mahie Gill is on a high as her kitty is full of prestigious projects.

The immensely talented actress recently revealed that she has not been making a conscious effort to work in the unconventional films. In fact she is willing to explore diverse genres and desires work in comedy & romantic films as well.

"I wanted to work with intelligent and good directors...these are the kind of films that they are making. They are offbeat subjects, interesting subjects, new subjects. I am lucky that I am doing that kind of roles," said Mahie.

"But at the same time as an actor, I need to explore myself further because I too want to do comedies, I want to do romantic roles," added the 36-year-old.

Mahie has won innumerable accolades for her portrayal of characters with grey shades in movies like 'Sahib, Biwi aur Gangster' and 'Not a Love Story'.

She elucidated that she chose these films because she wanted to work in off-beat cinema only.

"A lot of my directors tell me that I have a very innocent face. So when with an innocent face you play a character with negative shades, it looks even more interesting," said Mahie.

After winning critical acclaim in 'Saheb, Biwi aur Gangster', Mahie is ready to play the rogue queen in the sequel again. The film also has Jimmy Shergill, Randeep Hooda, Soha Ali Khan and Irrfan Khan.

Currently, she is focusing all her endeavors on promoting her upcoming flick 'Paan Singh Tomar', in which she is paired with Irrfan Khan for the very first time.

Talking about "Paan Singh Tomar", Mahie said: In this film, I am playing Paan Singh Tomar's wife. He was an athlete who later became a dacoit. His wife is still alive. She is very old now. I am playing a woman who is very talkative and short tempered."

The film directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia, of 'Saheb, Biwi aur Gangster' fame is slated to hit cinema halls on March 2 2012.

edit :- http://www.desirulez.net/showthread.php?t=554743