Hot Member

Default Saif apologises, says brawl was not a publicity stunt

Follow us on Social Media

Saif apologises, says brawl was not a publicity stunt
    Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan, who is in the midst of a controversy after a scuffle with an NRI businessman has publicly said sorry for the incident. He also clarifies that the incident has nothing to do with the promotion of his forthcoming film “Agent Vinod”.

The 41-year-old actor, son of the late Nawab of Pataudi and Sharmila Tagore, was arrested Wednesday evening with two others — Shakeel Ladak and Bilal Amrohi for assaulting Iqbal Sharma, an Indian-origin businessman from South Africa, early Wednesday at the seafront Taj Mahal Hotel and Towers. They were out on bail same day.

The actor on Thursday afternoon, held a press conference in a five-star hotel in Bandra-Kurla area, vehemently protesting against the “disinformation and slander,” stating: “ I am extremely sorry for what was not a publicity stunt...I acted in self-defence and I got hit on the eye and his nose doesn’t look like broken.”

“I never publicise my film through negative publicity. Whoever does that, it depends on the mentality of the production house and their class.” Saif said.

The actor also reiterated that he was not drunk and has “ lodged an official police complaint as it was me who got hit first. I wish I could have handled the situation in a better way but it didn’t happen.”

The South African lobbyist had complained that after repeated requests to the actor to tone down “boisterous behaviour”, he and his father-in-law were “pummelled without any provocation”, when he decided to shift to another floor of the restaurant.

edit :-