Default Confirmed: 'Chanakya's Chant' will now be made into a film

Follow us on Social Media

Ashwin Sanghi's latest bestselling novel 'Chanakya's Chant' is all set to become a movie under the banner of UTV productions with Ashutosh Gowariker as the director. At an interaction with the author hosted by Starmark in Kolkata on Wednesday, the author confirmed that the rights for the book have been bought by UTV Productions and the film is currently in the script finalization stage.

Sanghi said, ''There have been many disputes between authors and producers, so I was hesitant at first but then the name of the director convinced me. The lead actor has not yet been finalized but since the protagonist for both ancient and modern times has to be played by the same actor, so it's a very challenging role,'' he remarked.

'Chanakya's Chant', which has remained in the same position in the top ten charts for the last 52 weeks, draws a parallel between a historical spectacle and a fictional modern day event.

At one hand it tells the tale of the legendary Chanakya, who becomes the most powerful political strategist in Bharat, while spinning a tale about Gangasagar Mishra, a Brahmin teacher in small town India who becomes a puppeteer to a host of ambitious individuals.

''I wanted to highlight that while many things have changed politics and human nature still remains the same,'' Sanghi said.

Sanghi provided insights to the audience gathered at the event on his plot selection and writing methods. He said, ''I find that some of the stories we read in newspapers are more, for the lack of a better word, juicy than the fictional potboilers we read.''