Hot Member

Default Vidya Balan flattered by her comparison to Rekha

Follow us on Social Media

Bollywood actresses Vidya Balan and Rekha have lot of things in common. Both hail from south, both have glorified the spirit of women on-screen and finally both share common fashion sensibilities. The duo has a special liking for sarees. At any point of time, you find the twosome flaunting their love for sarees.

At a recent award function in Mumbai, the two actresses looked quite similar, and Vidya only feels flaterred with the compliment. Vidya Balan has said that she has always admired Rekha both as a beautiful person and a talented actress.

After it was pointed out to Vidya Balan that she looked very similar to Rekha at an award Function, which both the actresses attended recently, Vidya Balan said, “This is the biggest compliment for me. I have been always inspired by Rekha. She is who she is and I have always admired her for that. When she was doing films, she was doing commercial as well as non-commercial films and motivated a lot of people.”

Vidya Balan added, “I also like her style because just like her, I also love wearing sarees. Since I feel that my mother and Rekha are both perfect example of Indian women, I feel thrilled when someone compares me to her.”

Though Vidya Balan is thrilled by her comparison to Rekha, but isn’t this comparison too early in her career? Rekha reached great heights in her career as a Bollywood actress. With films like The Dirty Picture, Vidya Balan has taken steps in the same direction. Though she may look similar to Rekha in a Saree, she needs to be on top for a couple of years to prove that her acting talent also matches that of Rekha.

Vidya is currently gearing up for her next film “Kahaani”, directed by Sujoy Ghosh. The movie is scheduled for release March 9.

edit :-