Hot Member

Default Vidya Balan regrets missing 'Shootout at Wadala'

Follow us on Social Media

Actress Vidya Balan, who recently earned enormous accolades and even the prestigious Filmfare award for her bold performance in the critically acclaimed role in ‘The Dirty Picture’ missed out a wonderful chance of being part of Sanjay Guptas "Shootout at Wadala". ‘Shootout At Vadala’ is the sequel to 2007 ‘Shootout At Lokandhwala’.

To be directed by Sanjay Gupta, this Anil Kapoor, John Abraham and Tushar Kapoor starrer is going to be produced by Ekta Kapoor who produced also ‘The Dirty Picture’. Filmmaker Sanjay Gupta before finalizing Kangna Ranaut as his leading lady in "Shootout at Wadala" wanted to cast Vidya Balan in it. It was "The Dirty Picture" actress who was his original choice for the coveted role. He before casting Kangna had claimed that he had written the role of the female protagonist by keeping just Vidya in mind and wanted the actress in the film by hook or crook.

For the reasons unknown Vidya Balan has been replaced her with Kangana Raunat. This has been officially confirmed by the Tanuj Garg, the CEO of Balaji Motion Piuctures banner.

But Vidya who recently confirmed that she has signed "Ghanchakkar" with Emraan Hashmi revealed the reason behind her detachment from "Shootout at Wadala". "There was nothing much for me to do in the film. First I had difficulties in taking up the film coz of the promotions of "The Dirty Picture". But then later had to opt out of the film, with no disrespect to anyone this was not something I wanted to do," said Vidya.

She further wished all the best for the film, "I am sure that it will be a good film and whoever does it will do justice to the role," added Vidya to end the controversy on a positive note.

edit :-