Runner Up - Admins Awards

Default Imran Khan’s wife Avantika’s presence definitely makes a difference !

Follow us on Social Media

Leading stars like Shah Rukh, Salman, Priyanka etc. often make guest appearances in films to support their director or actor friends.

While it is debatable whether this helps a film in the box office, Imran Khan’s wife Avantika’s presence in a film definitely makes a difference.

Imran’s hits like Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na and I hate Luv Storys had cameos by Avantika while his flops like Luck and Kidnap did not feature the lucky lady.

For Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, she did a cameo appearance in the song Aunty Ji and one wonders whether director Shakun Batra included Avantika just to ensure that the movie was a hit.

“No way. In movies where actors make guest appearances, it is because we want them as our friends. They support us. And after the movies’ release we share a laugh seeing the cameo,” says Shakun.

As for Imran, his wife’s appearance is rather personal as she is his comfort zone.

He says, “For me it’s all about making a scene or a film more personal. Half the people who get it will recognise her and the rest won’t. She earlier appeared in two films which were very personal for me.
    ...being a human...